Speculation: PLD Mega Thread v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Laine and Roslovic makes sense.

can’t imagine Roslovic values is that high.

Laine likely has similar value but slightly less due to being a winger than PLD.

MTL would either have to include Suzuki or a huge futures deal with KK included to have a shot.

Ana would have to include Zegras and likely 2021 1st. Possibly Rakell.

either way. This thing went from 0 to 100 and makes for great entertainment.

I think Zegras + Rakell would actually warrant a + from CLB. No 1st required. I could be way off but Rakell is still a good player.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Crazy to think that after years of being desperate for a 2C, Winnipeg is actually going to get it

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Why Montreal might not be a fit.

Cap space, so unless Columbus is taking Drouin (just what Torts needs), or Danault and Byron(Torts would love both, but Danault on his last year...)

Not trading Suzuki. This isn't PLD is worth him, or anything, this is a young centre growing with the team and looking better and better every game. While not drafted, he's kind of home grown.

Not trading Romanov. Bergevin spoke highly of him before he even joined the team.

Guhle likely not involved mainly because he was just drafted.

That leaves Danault is still there and maybe these last few games has given the team a new perspective on his value to them with Evans playing well and Suzuki playing well.

The best Montreal could do in that sense is Danault, Byron, 1st, Caufield and a prospect like Struble, Harris, Norlinder on D. If you don't compare them to the loss of Dubois, they're pieces I'm sure Columbus wouldn't mind to add aside from Byron, but as soon as you compare them to PLD, it's likely a huge pass.

In short, I would love to see the habs acquire PLD, but I think there's too much that needs to happen to make it work.

My other question is, if the Blue Jackets deal PLD for Laine and Roslovic, what does their centre depth look like ?

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Just someone pick him up. I can't afford him not playing eligible games.hes one of two guys that were taking faceoffs for me.

Hockey gods, find him a new home!!
If he gets traded to the Jets, he is not playing for 2 weeks.

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
If I’m Columbus, I’m not dealing him unless there’s a Center coming back that can replace Dubois.

Reactions: lilfedor

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
IMO Laine has more value than Dubois. But he will probably ask for 12+ just to play in Columbus under Torts. On top of that, he would play with Domi?

They need to get a potential #1 center in that trade.

awegrzyn

Jun 17, 2014
People think PLD value went down and has no leverage. Look at this thread and the hype they managed to build. It does not matter if they talk about you bad, as long as they talk about you these days. That's what counts. There is a bidding war for PLD actually. The whole thing looks staged.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
And this potential new "2C" is really a 1C on the vast majority of teams lol. Only a few years too late unfortunately.

Ive watched enough NHL to know that if Jets get PLD, that means Perfetti or someone is gonna develop into a player too good for the bottom 6 and will force them to trade him in 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad