Confirmed with Link: PLD, 3rd to Winnipeg; Laine, Roslovic here

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Disappointed to see PLD not landing in Anaheim, but for Columbus fans I'm glad you are getting a quality return and not getting completely screwed out of this situation. Torts and Laine should be interesting to say the least.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
One of the things that really pissed me about PLD's behavior is that, at least according to Torts, PLD never came clean with this teammates about why he wanted out.
If you saw the reporting from last night , it was agreed between Jarmo , PLD and agent , it wouldn’t be discussed in media .. that’s until the ego known as Torts , went to the media and made it public

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
1. I'm glad he didn't go to Montreal. f*** his wants.

2. I wish we didn't let him go to Canada, which I do think he preferred. But you can't win everything.

3. Given the circumstances I think we make out okay here. Laine is a great scorer. We just need to have him play with guys who can get him the puck.

4. If he hated Winnipeg and their powerplay he's going to absolutely loathe it here.

5. Hopefully we get started on a contract soon with Laine. I have concerns about the long term fit here, especially under this coach.

6. Hopefully when his quarantine is over he'll be able to play. I know he's hurt, but we won't even see him for another week and a half or so.

7. Roslovic is literally a throw in like the 3rd round pick so whatever. My thought process is it was a straight 1 for 1 swap of PLDickbag and Laine, and a 3rd rounder for Roslovic.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

This was, uh, not a good trade.

Well, the numbers also lie.

1. PLDouche got first line ice time, first line PP, and some PK. He was literally out there in all situations.

2. Laine not so much.

PLDouche got major opportunity and did well with it. Laine didn't get as much opportunity and did well with what he got. Let's wait and see what he does with PLDouche's minutes since he's going to get them.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I said it last night, I figured Laine was the guy and I'm happy for it. He gives us goals, if it works out with him here it's a huge win for us, onward lads

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Dave Pagnotta from NHL Network SiriusXM just said that players held a meeting yesterday to address Dubois and the issue. Among their comments was he wasn’t living up to his words about playing hard for them. This escalated the trade action.

He also said he knows the reason for Dubois’ trade request though he didn’t divulge them. But he said Torts wasn’t the main reason.

Last edited:

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
If I’m remembering correctly, it was well known Jarmo REALLY wanted Laine in that draft. He loved him.
And the year before, he traded up to get another first rounder to take Roslovic but Winnipeg sniped him and Jarmo settled on Carlsson.
Well, he’s got his guys now.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
If Barkov is available I dont think it will be a problem.
How so? Laine will be making 8+, unless someone’s taking Cam or Nyquists contract it’s highly doubtful. 2022 is a horror show of contract renewals. Seth, Zach, Domi, Boone, Elvis, korpi

it’s shocking that this team is now over the cap. We really need someone else to come in to manage contracts

edit- I thought I saw somewhere Laine was making 6.75, looks like only 5
Columbus Blue Jackets - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
I love Laine, but he won't be here longer than 2 years.
However I'll enjoy each goal he scores while he is here.
Why worry about two years from now? Jarmo is good at making trades
He may move him to acquire another asset
Let’s just wait and see
Laine may resign here, who knows?

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Dave Pagnotta from NHL Network SiriusXM just said that yesterday players held a meeting to address Dubois and the issue. Among their comments was he wasn’t living up to his words about playing hard for them. This escalated the trade action.

He also said he knows the reason for Dubois’ trade request though he didn’t divulge them. But he said Torts wasn’t the main reason.

It'll come out eventually. Might as well be the guy to break the story.

Unless its extremely personal (Family medical stuff, etc) then I don't care the reason. He's the most hated Blue Jacket in history now. Replacing Jeff Carter.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I think you guys win this trade, as Laine is the better player in a vacuum, and you get Roslovic on top.

For NHL 21 sakes, what would the lines potentially look like with Koivu/Nyquist back? Something like this?

Laine-Domi-Atkinson
Foligno-Koivu-Bjorkstrand
Texier-Roslovic-Nyquist
Grigorenko-Jenner-Bemstrom

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
I wouldnt bet on it. I`m pretty sure JK has had some conversations with Laine about this trade before it happens. Laine might be open to sign longterm. I also see this trade as a small chance to get Barkov in 2022 when UFA. Barkov&Laine are best pals and train together/ play tennis in the summers. Both from same team and city in Finland. JK has connection to both so, while this is far-fetched its a little closer now when Laine is a Jacket
Florida fan but I think Laine and Barkov might come together eventually. Of course I believe it’s more likely in Florida given that Barkov has been happy here and has told both American and Finnish media he wants to win in Florida.

I do wonder if Columbus begins signing more Finnish free agents now though like Zito has done with Florida!

This was, uh, not a good trade.

isn’t this estimated contract value comparing 2 years for PLD against 1 left for Laine? So it doesn’t look too bad? Or am I misinterpreting?

End of story: PLD wasn’t going to play well in CBJ

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
How so? Laine will be making 8+, unless someone’s taking Cam or Nyquists contract it’s highly doubtful. 2022 is a horror show of contract renewals. Seth, Zach, Domi, Boone, Elvis, korpi

it’s shocking that this team is now over the cap. We really need someone else to come in to manage contracts

edit- I thought I saw somewhere Laine was making 6.75, looks like only 5
Columbus Blue Jackets - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
It’s because Winnipeg is retaining 26%

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Huh, to me CBJ won this trade by a landslide.

But we'll see, wouldn' t be the first time i was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad