Confirmed with Link: PLD, 3rd to Winnipeg; Laine, Roslovic here

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Winnipeg overpaid but it was a bidding war so not surprised. Soooo happy with this! Let’s hope Tex keeps developing as a skilled center and then this looks even better.
I’ll bet you the happiest man in Cbus right now is Jack Roslovic.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
REALLY hope he works out for you guys. I hope Jarmo can make him comfortable and give him what he wants. I specifically mean Laine and not Roslovic, but I hope Laine isn't just a quick stop before asking for a trade out because you guys have dealt with that shit enough, as well.

Hope he wows you and stays, CBJ fans.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Certainly, this is the best we could expect. And hockey's answer to Benedict Arnold is stuck in Manitoba, not living it up in Montreal, as Visqi noted.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I really like this deal for both teams. Hopefully both players want to stay with their teams in the future.

I think Roslovic will be here long-term

JacketLife

Aug 2, 2020
Portzline claiming WPG retaining salary and also he doesn’t believe Laine has to quarantine coming from Canada to US. Does the NHL make them quarantine going team to team?

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
In my opinion, this is a potential coup for Columbus. Such an odd outcome considering they both went 2-3 in the 2016 draft. With all due respect to Dubois, I think Laine has the higher upside. Both players need to be motivated, let's see who gives their best.

I think with Laine it's pride and wanting to be the best will be his motivation. He famously quite publicly told the world that he should be the #1 pick, not Matthews. So his desire to prove his skill and impact is probably going to push him (if Torts doesn't).

With Dubois playing a number of games against the team he most covets, the Habs, he might have more personal motivations to succeed. I'm sure he will have some good games against Montreal, which is fine by me.

It may be a wash on the motivational side, but I think Laine is the more dynamic player. Pure snipers are hard to find.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Jackets need to roll out the red carpet ... start really marketing this franchise around Jones , Werenski and Laine . I do think the finish connection will pay huge dividends ... this was Jarmos guy in the draft . Also think it helps a ton having Domi come in , and he seems to love it here

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Portzline claiming WPG retaining salary and also he doesn’t believe Laine has to quarantine coming from Canada to US. Does the NHL make them quarantine going team to team?

Laine will have a 7 day quarantine. But he’s on IR right now anyway. I saw WPG was retaining around 20% in salary.

Reactions: JacketLife
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad