Confirmed with Link: Playoffs Round 1: New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins - All series talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
He’s playing tomorrow unless he has a setback following today’s practice.

CasusBelli

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 6, 2017
Can we get a sniper or something? Maybe have Reaves take out his legs with a tire iron ...

Bruner4329

Apr 24, 2016
It really doesn't matter who plays or not tomorrow night for Pittsburgh. As the infamous Steve Sommers would say all the time.... "The Rangers in 7"!

Reactions: Pawnee Rangers

Clark Kellogg

NYU Film Student
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2013
Vermont, USA
I’m all for Crosby starting the game. As a person who has had multiple concussions I know from experience that just jarring my shoulder hard causes episodes.
The Rangers can be hard on Sid without crossing the line. Then Pittsburgh will have to play with 11 forwards for the rest of the game.
We also get the benefits of Penguin players running around taking penalties to get at the guy who knocked out Crosby.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
I’m all for Crosby starting the game. As a person who has had multiple concussions I know from experience that just jarring my shoulder hard causes episodes.
The Rangers can be hard on Sid without crossing the line. Then Pittsburgh will have to play with 11 forwards for the rest of the game.
We also get the benefits of Penguin players running around taking penalties to get at the guy who knocked out Crosby.
The mental aspect as well. Fear of getting hit or gettin into the middle of the ice

Happened to Rick Nash unfortunately. Was a beast when we first got him.... then concussions changed everything

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
I think it's time to go with Motte-Rooney-Hunt as the fourth line. Reavo's lack of speed and stamina counteract whatever benefits he brings against the Pens. Let him rest up in case the team has to face Boston.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
i’m not sure they can be any better defensively tbh

the 4th line (until now i guess) and the bottom pair are au-to-matic goals against. coupled with obvious injuries to panarin and copp, and Miller slowing down a lot (this is the most hockey he’s ever played in his life) i’m just not sure they can do much more lol besides not being bad at fundaméntals

Reactions: CasusBelli

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

the 4th line (until now i guess) and the bottom pair are au-to-matic goals against. coupled with obvious injuries to panarin and copp, and Miller slowing down a lot (this is the most hockey he’s ever played in his life) i’m just not sure they can do much more lol besides not being bad at fundaméntals
They just needs to knock people on their asses if there's a scramble in front and the Centers/defensemen need to communicate better. I'd have the wingers collapse even further to help out.

Every game, Zibs, Strome and Chytil have their 'wtf moments' down low. Rooney is also not as good as Gallant thinks he is. We don't have much down the middle when it comes to defense. Mika being the 'best 2way Center' on the team doesn't mean much.

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017

You don’t take Reeves out now after he played the 1st six, especially at home.

Zarao71

Jul 19, 2021
This Pens collapsing Defensive system reminds me of Tort's era rangers. Everyone clogs up the middle of the ice and blocks shots/ cross ice passes. We've been getting killed 5 on 5. Cute cross ice passes getting turned over 9/10 . Weak wrist shots that never get through. One and done. Maybe it'd make more sense to to give em what they're asking for. Just shoot the puck as hard as possible right up their ass. From what i remember that used to work against us. Make them earn it.

LionsHeart

Mar 25, 2009
Queens, NY
This Pens collapsing Defensive system reminds me of Tort's era rangers. Everyone clogs up the middle of the ice and blocks shots/ cross ice passes. We've been getting killed 5 on 5. Cute cross ice passes getting turned over 9/10 . Weak wrist shots that never get through. One and done. Maybe it'd make more sense to to give em what they're asking for. Just shoot the puck as hard as possible right up their ass. From what i remember that used to work against us. Make them earn it.
I remember when other teams wisened up and just shot as hard as possible. It almost became a dare to block the shot.

Reactions: FultonReed

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
if there is anything I'm 100% certain of, is the fact that they're gonna score more goals in this game 7 than the last game 7, back in 2015.

Bacon Artemi Bravo

Sep 20, 2007
Certainly a very winnable hockey game today, but also very losable. We've literally seen it all this series. The one thing we can at least anchor on is every game at home has at least been close. Our one home loss this series was in 3OT and we should have won that game. For better or for worse, LFG boys. If we do end up losing, fight like hell and us fans in the garden will love you for it.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
Rangers are -145 on Draft Kings, up from -140 yesterday. Tough to square that with the betting money thinking Crosby is going to play.

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com

Jarry hasn't played since April 14. Practice is different than actual games. Jarry was awful against the Islanders last season in the playoffs.

Pittsburgh was the better team except in net in the first round last season.

The Rangers should play these highlights during the 1st commercial stoppage in the first period after the 14 minute mark.

JMan74

Jun 27, 2019
I havent said this often this year but I think Sully has outcoached Gallant this series. He is compensating big time for the weaknesses on his team and we for the most part have not been exploiting those weaknesses.

I also believe Shesty is playing dinged up since that spill. To my eyes his movement is not as explosive and quick since that spill.

A lot of things have went against the Rangers this series but if we ride game 6s momentum I think we finally pull together in this game and win this one. I don't know if it will be 'easy' but I think we play with a lot of heart and fire tonight.

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
I havent said this often this year but I think Sully has outcoached Gallant this series. He is compensating big time for the weaknesses on his team and we for the most part have not been exploiting those weaknesses.

I also believe Shesty is playing dinged up since that spill. To my eyes his movement is not as explosive and quick since that spill.

A lot of things have went against the Rangers this series but if we ride game 6s momentum I think we finally pull together in this game and win this one. I don't know if it will be 'easy' but I think we play with a lot of heart and fire tonight.
Sully is one of the best coaches in the league.
I like gallant, but there’s a significant difference between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad