Confirmed with Link: Playoffs Round 1: New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins - All series talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR94

Mar 31, 2005
Long Island, NY
I don't care who plays in goal for Pittsburgh. As long as the Rangers get their shots and go to the net like we've said all series, the goals will come. Only one goalie in this series is capable of changing the course of a game and that's Igor.

Reactions: AirGut

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
A glass cannon Crosby and a non-ECHL goalie would still be huge upgrades for that team. I am just hoping for a good game.

Reactions: McRanger92

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
Jarry hasn't played in a month and is taking practice with the team for the first time since getting hurt. Not sure it's a good idea to start him in a game 7 but what do I know.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
A glass cannon Crosby and a non-ECHL goalie would still be huge upgrades for that team. I am just hoping for a good game.

We all know deep down it’s going to OT

PIT knows this is the last dance so Sid will no doubt push to play and sending Jarry in would signal more to me that they don’t want to lose with Domingue in net, who made timely saves early in the series but overall hasn’t been good.

Rangers should know we have them on the ropes and need to leave it all out there

Reactions: AirGut

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
J45Bau1.png

Modest Grouse

Sponsor
Jun 20, 2019
Domingue didn't play any worse than Jarry usually does. It doesn't matter who they have in the net - it's been a weakness of theirs all season long.
This is just factually untrue. Jarry had a really good season ranking 8th in W/L record as well as 6th in GAA, SV% and SOs. Domingue played well for the AHL goalie that he is but not when compared with other NHL goalies.

That said, Jarry did lose 6 of 8 games prior to his injury in the regular season and 3 of those losses were to us. The Pens are putting him in a really tough position if they start him for the first time in over a month in a game 7, especially considering his poor performance in the first round last year against the Isles.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
This is just factually untrue. Jarry had a really good season ranking 8th in W/L record as well as 6th in GAA, SV% and SOs. Domingue played well for the AHL goalie that he is but not when compared with other NHL goalies.

That said, Jarry did lose 6 of 8 games prior to his injury in the regular season and 3 of those losses were to us. The Pens are putting him in a really tough position if they start him for the first time in over a month in a game 7, especially considering his poor performance in the first round last year against the Isles.

His stats are severely padded by October and November. He was very, VERY pedestrian after that. I stand by what I said.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Jarry is a much better goaltender than Domingue. Whether or not he can come in cold in a game 7 on the road and perform up to his usual standards is a different question.
Jarry has a postseason bugaboo as well as a Rangers one, especially in MSG. 6-5 lifetime vs the Rangers, but a career .899 save percentage.

I am confident with whoever they throw in nets.

Miamipuck

Al Swearengen
Dec 29, 2009
Take a Wild Guess
I don't know how anyone can be worried about career .900 goalies.

It's simple math, get 30 shots and score at least 3. The problem is not letting them get their 30.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
It's hard to see what the contact is made with (his elbow going up doesn't mean he hit him with his elbow) but this video clearly shows Crosby tripping right before the hit. It was kind of a fluke play. Between that and it clearly being a defensive hit since Crosby was in a high danger area and people saying that Trouba was just head hunting our out to lunch.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
We are squeaking by Domingue as it is. I don't think the player matters for us, more for them and rallying

I really don't think Jarry would be doing any better. Recent history would suggest he would have probably been worse.

As someone else pointed out, hes been pretty meh since December started. Coming in cold with his ability to completely unravel is not a huge boon in their favor.

Rallying works until that first softie goes in and Jarry is very prone to those.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
9689307A-09B3-42BD-BF58-BA222064F44F.png
Thanks to these ads on this page, I might take a break from this page. this is getting a bit much. No need for these ads.

maybe Dubinsky is one of the alumni to meet at the Rangers Fan Zone tomorrow. Is this a hint??

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Dubi has been spending more time around the team lately. Met him at a Garden of Dreams event a few weeks back. Nice guy

I hope to meet him someday. Been a huge fan of his. Have his jersey 17. Rangers should hire him in some capacity. I rather have him helping with Othmann and Cuylle than Glass and Ortmeyer 🤬 no wonder why we can’t develop a top line scoring forward with grit, hope Lafy can be that power forward for us down the road.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I hope to meet him someday. Been a huge fan of his. Have his jersey 17. Rangers should hire him in some capacity. I rather have him helping with Othmann and Cuylle than Glass and Ortmeyer 🤬 no wonder why we can’t develop a top line scoring forward with grit, hope Lafy can be that power forward for us down the road.

What this is I don't even know.

Jon Cooper never played a second of pro hockey at any level. He's a terrible developer of talent isn't he?

Captain Lindy

Formerly known as Kreider Beast
Apr 1, 2006
Virginia
We also took them to 3OT in a game 1 that we rightfully should have won and handled them pretty easily in game 2. Zero reason this team can't win a game 7, even with Crosby playing.
I was just about to say exactly this. We beat them handily at home with him in the lineup (game two). The OT game could have gone either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad