Confirmed with Link: Playoffs Round 1: New York Rangers vs Pittsburgh Penguins - All series talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Kreider-Zibby-Vatrano
Panarin- Strome- Copp (taking all faceoffs unfortunately won't play pp1 over Strome)
Lafreniere-Chytil-Goodrow (take faceoffs)
Hunt-Rooney-Brodz/Reaves (go with Brodz for his speed)

I honestly don't know where to put Kakko? I don't think the kid line is a great idea going into the playoffs but I guess if that happens than the 4th line is Hunt-Rooney-Goodrow which should be decent BUT expect in situational hockey for Goodrow to move up

17futurecap

Oct 8, 2008
NJ
The kid line will be a thing for the first two periods, and then when the game is close, they won’t play the third/ot.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The kid line will be a thing for the first two periods, and then when the game is close, they won’t play the third/ot.
Will be very interesting to see what GG decides. Could you imagine if Motte was healthy? I guess Rooney would be out. Hunt probably a bit more effective right now even if Rooney kills penalties well.

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
I liked Hunt/Chytil/Kakko. Three very good guys along the boards. Move Laf into the fourth line that is actually the third line. Chytil's line will be the fourth.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
I would be 100 percent shocked if that line is a thing game 1 of the playoffs.

Totally agree. Need veterans mixed in, and I don't see Goodrow's ice time going down. It'll only go up in the playoffs. It's the largest reason we got him. Playoff experience. He's going to play large chunks. He played 17-18 minutes a game for Tampa in the playoffs.

One of the kids drops down to skate with Rooney and Hunt (or Reaves), or potentially gets scratched completely if Gallant wants a grunt approach on the 4th line in Hunt/Rooney/Reaves to either muck it up more or change pace if needed.

Reactions: bl02

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Totally agree. Need veterans mixed in, and I don't see Goodrow's ice time going down. It'll only go up in the playoffs. It's the largest reason we got him. Playoff experience. He's going to play large chunks. He played 17-18 minutes a game for Tampa in the playoffs.

One of the kids drops down to skate with Rooney and Hunt (or Reaves), or potentially gets scratched completely if Gallant wants a grunt approach on the 4th line in Hunt/Rooney/Reaves to either muck it up more or change pace if needed.
Oh man can you imagine the reactions on here if Chytil or Kakko are scratched in favor of Reaves for game 1? lol.
If some want to admit it or not Goodrow is gonna be a huge factor in the playoffs and will certainly get his minutes.

Reactions: haveandare

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I liked Hunt/Chytil/Kakko. Three very good guys along the boards. Move Laf into the fourth line that is actually the third line. Chytil's line will be the fourth.
it did look pretty good just wish we had a larger sample size.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Gonna be a close series. We will definitely have the edge in goal especially with Jarry out so that should push it in our favor. I am interested to see how the lines shake out, the kid line never seems to work well. Reaves has to be out too.

bbny

Unregistered User
Apr 12, 2019
Oh man can you imagine the reactions on here if Chytil or Kakko are scratched in favor of Reaves for game 1? lol.
If some want to admit it or not Goodrow is gonna be a huge factor in the playoffs and will certainly get his minutes.

It would be fireworks, but I really think people should be ready for it as a possibility. If not in game 1, possibly game 2. Especially if game 1 is a loss and there's not enough "grit". The playoffs are a different animal physically, and Kakko and Chytil are, hate to say it, on the softer side and I have no idea how either will look.

Reactions: bl02

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
It would be fireworks, but I really think people should be ready for it as a possibility. If not in game 1, possibly game 2. Especially if game 1 is a loss and there's not enough "grit". The playoffs are a different animal physically, and Kakko and Chytil are, hate to say it, on the softer side and I have no idea how either will look.

I have no idea what you're watching lol.

Kakko's pretty f***ing effective in the corners at winning battles and more importantly, being able to keep possession in tight spaces.

Your boy Strome on the other hand...

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If we don’t show up physically it going to be a short series.. yes play reeves, the pens are going to try run Fox and our two Russians..

Pens are the opposite of physical.

Whiny? Yes. Undercover dirty? Some of their guys sure (Especially Malkin) but they aren't very physical.

Like even sans Reaves, I'd still say we're by far the more physical team. Even if their game plan is to "run" certain guys, that isn't going to change with Reaves in the lineup and it certainly doesn't stop any of our guys from doing the same to theirs (that will be the Zebras, but that is what it is.)

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I have no idea what you're watching lol.

Kakko's pretty f***ing effective in the corners at winning battles and more importantly, being able to keep possession in tight spaces.

Your boy Strome on the other hand...
Right, it's basically the only area of the game that he currently excels at. That's why I wouldn't mind playing him with 2 grinding type players, perhaps like Hunt-Goodrow.

Reactions: FultonReed

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If we don’t show up physically it going to be a short series.. yes play reeves, the pens are going to try run Fox and our two Russians..
Maybe against Wash...maybe. I think Reaves is a bit too slow. Motte would have been perfect fit for this series and he would have given the Pitt defenders some trouble. The Rangers have to be quick on the forecheck.

Reactions: GoAwayPanarin

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Maybe against Wash...maybe. I think Reaves is a bit too slow. Motte would have been perfect fit for this series and he would have given the Pitt defenders some trouble. The Rangers have to be quick on the forecheck.

Dressing Reaves as a regular would be doing the Pens a massive favor.

Rooney too, but he's going to play so long as certain guys are out.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
yeah kinda what I'm thinking. Gallant will swap Goodrow up and down between the 3rd and 4th line depending on how the game is going/where the game is at. Whoever out of the three "kids" seems to be struggling more will slide to the 4th line

Reactions: haveandare

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Dressing Reaves as a regular would be doing the Pens a massive favor.

Rooney too, but he's going to play so long as certain guys are out.
I think GG will hopefully realize that and sit him to start the series.
I know people wanna hate on Rooney and that's fine but he still is decent on the pk, a center and until Motte is back he's gonna be in. I know Motte didn't have any points with us but having a motor under control Kamikaze type would have been awesome to have on that 4th line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad