Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs Rd1 Game 1 - Wild vs Jets - Wed Apr 11 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deedog99

Nov 22, 2016
TSNs fantasy draft just picked scheifele and Laine and Helle 1 2 and 4. Yikes.
Connor and wheeler 5 and 6

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
This is actually bad drafting strategy from the panel. :laugh:

When someone else goes for the Jets, you gotta back off of them.

When a Jet goes #1, you need to go in on NSH.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aggie204

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
So CBC is showing all Toronto games but showing Pitts vs Phil’s instead of Jets? Wow.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
So CBC is showing all Toronto games but showing Pitts vs Phil’s instead of Jets? Wow.

Correct. Tomorrow CBC is broadcasting a game from Pittsburgh and a game from Las Vegas. But Sportsnet says the Jets are very important to them.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Sportsnet decides these things.

They want to take a bite out of Bell in Manitoba.

No that's not what Sportsnet customer service told me once they finally got around to answering my email. I then told them I'm switching my cell phone plan to Bell because they disrespected Winnipeg.

There are numerous factors taken into consideration when coordinating the broadcast schedule for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. In the first round, CBC and Sportsnet will each broadcast one of the series featuring the two Canadian teams. CBC will broadcast the Toronto vs. Boston series and Sportsnet will broadcast the Winnipeg vs. Minnesota series. Winnipeg is a key priority for Sportsnet and Sportsnet is thrilled to be broadcasting the entire Jets series to Canadians from coast-to-coast.

Each individual distributor is responsible for how they choose to package Sportsnet. For more information regarding cable packages in your region, please contact your local provider.

Seriously though what bite out of Bell does this decision make exactly?

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
No that's not what Sportsnet customer service told me once they finally got around to answering my email. I then told them I'm switching my cell phone plan to Bell because they disrespected Winnipeg.

Seriously though what bite out of Bell does this decision make exactly?

"Bite out of bell" is not exactly the right wording.

"Increase their subscription base in MB" would be better.

Pretty much every basic cable package in MB includes TSN 3 and CBC

By shuffling the Jets games to SN, they'll sell additional subscriptions to Sportsnet.

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013

By shuffling the Jets games to SN, they'll sell additional subscriptions to Sportsnet.

If someone doesn't have SN now why would this decision by Sportsnet suddenly make them have a change of heart exactly? Maybe someone subscribes for a month but why would they continue their subscription if they had a problem paying it already? Very likely they cancel it once the Jets are done or carried full time on CBC. I don't see how this is some great subscription driver.

In fact I think I'll downgrade my sports package in May to deny them revenue just because of this decision. I don't need to watch blue jays games.

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

There are numerous factors taken into consideration when coordinating the broadcast schedule for the Stanley Cup Playoffs. In the first round, CBC and Sportsnet will each broadcast one of the series featuring the two Canadian teams. CBC will broadcast the Toronto vs. Boston series and Sportsnet will broadcast the Winnipeg vs. Minnesota series. Winnipeg is a key priority for Sportsnet and Sportsnet is thrilled to be broadcasting the entire Jets series to Canadians from coast-to-coast.

Each individual distributor is responsible for how they choose to package Sportsnet. For more information regarding cable packages in your region, please contact your local provider.

Most of their email says exactly nothing, it's a load of meaningless PR speak. Numerous factors? Of course, but what are those factors? They don't answer that question. Instead they tell us what we already know -- Leafs on CBC, Jets on SN. Winnipeg is a key priority? In what way? The only way a region is a key priority to a corporation boils down to revenue, but they don't have the guts to say that. Only in the last paragraph do they hint at the truth, and that is clearly to position their channels more favourably among Manitoba's cable providers and thus increase their subscriber base in Manitoba.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014

I believe SN would also like to have SNW added to basic cable packages just as TSN3 is. This would give them everybody on cable (and revenue from everybody on cable), not just from those who spend extra for the sports package. Basically SN is trying to incite us yokels to coerce our cable providers into adding SN to basic cable (and get more subscribers for the sports package).

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
I would say that they are looking to sell channel subscriptions to customers.
I am sure many of us got this today from the Jets.

"Mark your calendars, the #WPGWhiteout starts tomorrow!

In Canada, all Jets First Round games will be broadcast on Sportsnet. If you don’t have that channel, it can be purchased through your cable provider."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad