Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs Rd1 Game 1 - Wild vs Jets - Wed Apr 11 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
my Awesome Thought For the Day:

wouldn't it be awesome if they could hook up a snow machine from the rafters and have is lightly snowing IN the arena before the puck drops?
Pass around what you are smoking it is obviously better than what I have.

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
OMG WHO ELSE IS GOING ****IN NUTS RIGHT NOW. I'M DYING A BIT INSIDE EVERY MOMENT THAT GOES BY.

Ok, drop the puck already...

Agreed!

Literally so damn excited. I'm pretty sure I won't sleep much tonight and it won't even matter.

Feels like the night before Christmas... And I'm a grown man!

GO JETS GO!

Reactions: MotionlessGravity

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I hope fancy stats don't turn hockey into baseball.

Baseball is unique as it is a sport built around individual performances. Hockey (and most other team sports) are built around the interaction between players. For this reason hockey analytics hasn't drawn much influence from baseball. Per Micah McCurdy, hockey analytics has been most influenced by the basketball statistical community.

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Do the Jets normally wear white helmets at practice prior to home games? Interesting.

It could certainly just be a coincidence, but the Wild are wearing green helmets at practice this week. They wore white before their last games on the west coast.

jefferoni

your mother was a hamster
Oct 30, 2013
Winnipeg
Do the Jets normally wear white helmets at practice prior to home games? Interesting.
It could certainly just be a coincidence, but the Wild are wearing green helmets at practice this week. They wore white before their last games on the west coast.
So the implication is that our Jets will be dressed in white tomorrow evening? Wouldn't the Wild have to approve that change in protocol? If so, do you think they would considering that it would probably give our fans and indirectly our players an extra boost of energy?

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
So the implication is that our Jets will be dressed in white tomorrow evening? Wouldn't the Wild have to approve that change in protocol? If so, do you think they would considering that it would probably give our fans and indirectly our Jets an extra boost of energy?
I think the NHL lets the home team pick what jersey they want to wear, but you have to stick with it for the whole playoffs.

I remember the Sharks choosing black, which meant they could not wear teal at home.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am so pumped OUR Jets are here!!! I have been waiting for this moment for like....2 hours (since the bandwagon draft) lol!!!

Honestly happy to be a board, Jets are honestly one of my favorite teams and have been for some time...you guys have obviously had a good record with ex Hawks players so I have always followed closely, and your frequency with drafting top young Americans hasn't gone unnoticed for me! Connor has been my boy for years!!

So bottom line is with my Hawks shitting the bed, I am on the Jets bandwagon - I will overvalue all our players, I will talk out my ass most games to the opposition, and I will make sure to include something Maple Leafs in a third of my rants!!! LOL!!

But I will be an active and semi intelligent poster that I can promise!! Now lets go beat the Avalanche!!!!! errr....who we playing again??? LOL J/K!!

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Someone should start a “Sportsnet Sucks” chant at the game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad