Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs Rd1 Game 1 - Wild vs Jets - Wed Apr 11 6:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Jeff O'Neill is all in on us again, has us winning the thing that shall not be named.

The other three on the panel picked Nashville. So should the Jets and Nashville prevail then the second round is the defacto SCF

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
You know Boudreau is going to want to attack us aggressively like he did in 2015, in the ducks series. Go after our left side hard, try to get physical on Morrissey.

We are better equipped than in 2015, to handle an aggressive forecheck, but we saw a few games this season where we struggled with it, especially along the boards when teams pinch.

Boudreau knows the value of taking this crowd out of it early, so I believe he is very aggressive to start the game. The Wild can only attack really aggressively for so long before they go back to pacing themselves. It will be important to have strong puck support for our D down low, and our D need to move it with a bit more speed.

If we can execute early we should be ok, but that’s the tricky part, as I believe we will have some deer in headlights with some of our youngsters, witnessing their first whiteout.

Weather their early storm, rid some jitters, control the emotions then kick some a$$!

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Tickets were available for a few hours actually.. They seemed to be released in a trickle. Could see a similar thing today

ah, i didn't realize. Thanks for the tip though, I'm going to keep that in mind if there's a game 5 if I can't get any for Fri. My friend and I gave up once there were only 2 single tickets in different areas/sections left, but we tried. We presumed those were the last two tix.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
ah, i didn't realize. Thanks for the tip though, I'm going to keep that in mind if there's a game 5 if I can't get any for Fri. My friend and I gave up once there were only 2 single tickets in different areas/sections left, but we tried. We presumed those were the last two tix.

The game day release tomorrow should have pairs

Reactions: roccerfeller

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Who cares, the games are on TV. No need to take it personally which broadcasters are or aren’t covering the games.

Pitchforks are always out I guess....
Well the difference is if CBC covers the game ... Jets win by 3 goals and if TSN covers it Jets win by 2 goal and if SN covers the game Jets win by only 1 goal but you are right nobody cares because the Jets will win.:D

HPsauce

Jul 3, 2011
Winnipeg
You know Boudreau is going to want to attack us aggressively like he did in 2015, in the ducks series. Go after our left side hard, try to get physical on Morrissey.

We are better equipped than in 2015, to handle an aggressive forecheck, but we saw a few games this season where we struggled with it, especially along the boards when teams pinch.

Boudreau knows the value of taking this crowd out of it early, so I believe he is very aggressive to start the game. The Wild can only attack really aggressively for so long before they go back to pacing themselves. It will be important to have strong puck support for our D down low, and our D need to move it with a bit more speed.

If we can execute early we should be ok, but that’s the tricky part, as I believe we will have some deer in headlights with some of our youngsters, witnessing their first whiteout.

Weather their early storm, rid some jitters, control the emotions then kick some a$$!

I certainly hope the team doesn't take the same fear based approach as you.

The idea would be to play solid d, but be aggressive against them. That's more the Jets style.

We've heard them say many times, "just gotta play our game". It's about understanding your opponent, but not playing with the fear that they will be able to punish you.

We get the puck, we get it in, we punish them, we control the play, we are Winnipeg.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Electricity will be in the air all day Wednesday.

Just WIN!!! You can do this boys. Get the first W out of the way and start rolling before they know what hits them.

- sincerely all Jets fans

Reactions: Jetster231

Aggie204

Expect the worst, you’ll never be disappointed.
Sep 11, 2015
East St Paul, MB
I’m so hyped I’ll be refreshing this forum every g@d d@mn minute to see what madness Zham came up with. Maurice was right, this is Christmas for the Jets community!!!!:scared::scared:
89RI0xC.gif

Last edited:

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
I’m so hyped I’ll be refreshing this forum every g@d d@mn minute to see what madness Zham came up with. Maurice was right, this is Christmas for the Jets community!!!!:scared::scared:

Me too! I don’t want to go to bed but sometimes he posts at 3am!

Reactions: Aggie204
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->