Pre-Game Talk: Playoffs (monday) game 1 Toronto Maple Leafs vs Tampa Bay Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
This that real dirt. :clap: :clap: :leafs: WE IN HERE. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs havent been this ready for the playoffs, since the Pat Quinn days and that Randy Carlyle hard and heavy team a few years ago. Those teams, were G. But this team right now..................... It got the talent and now it got the will. This team GANGSTA. For life now. We have gotten our identity back and now fight and rumble unda presha. We is not crumbling this time. Our game has elevated to a nother level. Of sanity.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Time for Brampton/Keefer and Mimico/Shanny hockey to show up .. it is gonna get fast and furious my friends .. borderline violent .. I hope we have personnel to execute da grind for 4 games and 60 minutes per to win it

Reactions: Coachcorner

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
This that real dirt. :clap: :clap: :leafs: WE IN HERE. The legendary Toronto Maple Leafs havent been this ready for the playoffs, since the Pat Quinn days and that Randy Carlyle hard and heavy team a few years ago. Those teams, were G. But this team right now..................... It got the talent and now it got the will. This team GANGSTA. For life now. We have gotten our identity back and now fight and rumble unda presha. We is not crumbling this time. Our game has elevated to a nother level. Of sanity.
Senor - let's get into Gangsta mode right away.

Really hope Kase can play and hope Lilly is in the lineup..

Rocky Flintstone

Apr 20, 2022
But do we have the goaltending? That's gonna be what matters.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yes sire!

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Yes Tampa is more physical team than they get credit for, but the reason they're looking to threepeat is because they have elite talent and good players up and down their lineup. Keefe is talking about them being violent and starting a lot of scrums, but I don't think that should be the priority here. Clifford doesn't really belong in the lineup over Spezza

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Yes Tampa is more physical team than they get credit for, but the reason they're looking to threepeat is because they have elite talent and good players up and down their lineup. Keefe is talking about them being violent and starting a lot of scrums, but I don't think that should be the priority here. Clifford doesn't really belong in the lineup over Spezza

Why not? What has Spezza done this season to be a 'must play' player? He's been ok, nothing special and nothing like he was. Instead of having Spezza have to be our enforcer and fight, I agree with Keefe about dressing a 4th line who can deal some damage.

It's not enough to dress Simmonds. He needs to have guys who have his back who are not soft and willing to defend him. They need to be willing to throw some hits and play dirty. That is not Spezz.

Lightning are one of the dirtiest teams in the league. Our 4th lines value is keeping the flies off not scoring.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
I hope so my man! I wanna change my username to Zero Years of Futility and not 55 Years of Futility knowhatimsayin'?

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Yes he does.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I believe the reason Keefe mentions the potential violence is to get the leagues officiating focus on this series. The worst thing for us is if the refs swallow their whistles. If Keefe can manage to generate a desire from the league to consider calling the series tight as some sort of preemptive strike to fend off the supposed violence, we benefit.
I'm doubtful that this ploy works but i understand the reasoning and commend the effort.

Reactions: mcleex
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad