Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Lines without Nash today:

Panarin - Dubois - Bjorkstrand
Foligno - Duchene - Atkinson
Dubinsky - Jenner - Anderson
Dzingel - Wennberg - Texier

Really like those first two lines.

Seems odd they’d break up Nash-Dubinsky-Jenner... unless the Nash injury is serious? (Anderson probably wouldn’t be rolling with Dubinsky and Jenner unless that was the planned line for tomorrow.) Could he actually be out tomorrow?

I do think Dzingel-Wennberg-Anderson would’ve been more effective than Dzingel-Wennberg-Bjorkstrand last night, and would be a way to keep the 4th line (now 3rd line?) together tomorrow while providing more overall balance across the lineup, but why doubt Torts at this point? :laugh:

Guessing if Nash is good to go, the new 4th line will be Dzingel-Wennberg-Nash with Tex still out.
I’m thinking be 19-10-77 if Nash plays. ... And if Wennberg plays.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Boston got their puck luck game 1. They could be down 3-0 if CBJ held game 1 lead. I think Jackets are in good shape. Boston’s expended a lot of energy in their 7 game series, the OT/2OT games. And fighting for their lives in game 3 If they couldn’t push hard enough to win these last two games, I have hard time believing they’re going to find another gear for four more games. They are wearing down. They’re going to continue to regress and unless Bob breaks, it’ll be very hard for them to beat him 3 of next 4. Our core (Bob,Seth,Duchene,Panarin,Boone,Anderson) look pretty cool and collected. Berg is taking fatigue penalties and Marchand is losing it.

Yeah. We get it. You weren’t a fan of Tampa. Had Bruins in 4 and will be not a fan of who ever CBJ play if they go to SCF. Unfortunately, Ottawa wasn’t available. :laugh:
If the Jackets survive Boston I would love it if they play the Sens !
:)

Did anyone else see this......Do you laugh or cry when reading this coming from Bettman.

Bruins’ Marchand shows no remorse for punch

NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, who was asked Wednesday about the incident, said, "There should have been a penalty in the game, but a missed penalty doesn't rise necessarily to the level of a suspension -- but he was warned."
I’d be happy if Marchand got a penalty every time he pulled some shit. I like the Jackets odds with several more power plays per game.

Reactions: Bobcat110

77Stormbreaker

Apr 30, 2019
Anyone else find it as funny as i do that Boston fans on the main thread can see their team go 5-5 in the playoffs and be all high and mighty but the moment a jackets fan tries to prop up the Jackets, the boston fans get incredibly butthurt lol

Reactions: Rob Brown

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Sup with Cam? He literally plays like a beheaded chicken would. And not just during yesterday's disaster but in general against Boston.

PLD isnt any better either. His 2 very foolish penalties at the end of the 3rd were simply pathetic.

They are the core and need to contribute.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Is Dzingel another "miscommunication" between Jarmo & Torts? Thinking Wayne Simmons was probably a better choice (fit) at least as far as these playoffs go.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Is Dzingel another "miscommunication" between Jarmo & Torts? Thinking Wayne Simmons was probably a better choice (fit) at least as far as these playoffs go.

Simmonds didn't help Nashville at all, dude is beat up.

Reactions: Viqsi

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Don’t think Simmonds would’ve been any better. He was terrible in Nashville. But I’m ready to move on from Zinger. Under no circumstances am I interested in paying him $5 mil and up

Reactions: MoeBartoli

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

At the time I was advocating for us to go after Zuccarello. It would have cost us the same value we gave for Dzingel, but he actually had history with Torts and knew what to expect.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
At the time I was advocating for us to go after Zuccarello. It would have cost us the same value we gave for Dzingel, but he actually had history with Torts and knew what to expect.

Stone cost a second, Lindberg and Branstromm. We gave up two seconds and Duclair. One of our seconds obviously cancels out Vegas’s. Duclair probably actually has more value than Lindberg bc he’s UFA, but we’ll call it equal.

So what would we have had to add to the other second to surpass Bernstromm’s value. Simply another first (the third one Ottawa would’ve gotten from us :laugh:)? I’d given up a 1st and Dzingel for Stone easily.

Regardless, looks like in hindsight we would’ve been best served with only the Duchene and, crazy enough, Kinkaid trades (those full-rest days have really helped Bob).

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Stone cost a second, Lindberg and Branstromm. We gave up two seconds and Duclair. One of our seconds obviously cancels out Vegas’s. Duclair probably actually has more value than Lindberg bc he’s UFA, but we’ll call it equal.

So what would we have had to add to the other second to surpass Bernstromm’s value. Simply another first (the third one Ottawa would’ve gotten from us :laugh:)? I’d given up a 1st and Dzingel for Stone easily.

Regardless, looks like in hindsight we would’ve been best served with only the Duchene and, crazy enough, Kinkaid trades (those full-rest days have really helped Bob).

Brannstrom is worth a lot more than that, he's the kind of elite prospect that's only on the table if you get Stone signed, which Vegas did. Mark Stone is my favorite player in the world, so believe me I would pay a lot more than a 1st and 2 2nds for him. But our 1st would not be nearly enough of an add, neither would two 1sts or maybe even three. It would take something like Texier and Foudy added together. I can see why Jarmo wouldn't do that. We're not actually all-in.

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Changing topics but still post-season hockey. San Diego and Bakersfield just played 125 minutes of hockey to settle one playoff game (into OT4). I am not a fan...the players are exhausted so the product isn't as good, I have to believe most fans simply want a resolution at some point and you know its has to affect the quality of play in the next game two days later.

I propose the leagues play 5v5 in OT1 but if it goes past that they should switch to 4v4 (or 3v3) for OT2 and beyond. Thoughts?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Changing topics but still post-season hockey. San Diego and Bakersfield just played 125 minutes of hockey to settle one playoff game (into OT4). I am not a fan...the players are exhausted so the product isn't as good, I have to believe most fans simply want a resolution at some point and you know its has to affect the quality of play in the next game two days later.

I propose the leagues play 5v5 in OT1 but if it goes past that they should switch to 4v4 (or 3v3) for OT2 and beyond. Thoughts?

I never thought I'd say such a thing, since I love playoff overtime, but 3v3 overtime is even better. I'd like to see them drop a player each period. 4 v 4 in OT2, 3 v 3 in OT3, and so on. It would almost definitely end by the 3 v 3 period.

The Jackets have been the best 3 v 3 team over the last two years (14-6 record is the league's best). So the team would certainly benefit right now.

But this feels sacrilegious when you think about game 7s. I remember loving long OT battles when I was a kid. I think I just got busy and they got less fun.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013

keep playoff overtime hockey as it is.
playoff overtime hockey is a thing of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad