Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm only able to skim this quickly before the paywall pops up. So with that caveat, it seems sort of silly because the high level read is:

The bruins' top 6 were better
The bruins' bottom 6 were better
The bruins' goalie was better
The above players performed better on PP/PK
The above players performed better on 5v5

Are there details that make it worth reading?

An implication that
The Bruins' coaching was better

That's about it... :)

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm only able to skim this quickly before the paywall pops up. So with that caveat, it seems sort of silly because the high level read is:

The bruins' top 6 were better
The bruins' bottom 6 were better
The bruins' goalie was better
The above players performed better on PP/PK
The above players performed better on 5v5

Are there details that make it worth reading?

You pretty much nailed it. Missing talk of injuries and how that affected Jackets.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
I’m not sure if this is the right thread for this post but

I hate Boston
**** the Bruins

Bruins fan here. Coming in peace. I was here to congratuate you guys on a great series, but I just have to say this, as an old fan of an old team that really knows what hatred is.

No. No you don't. You don't hate us. You're angry with the Bruins. You're upset that your team lost the series -- an excellent series by the way. But you don't hate us. You can't. You've never been taught how.

in 5 years we're just another team to you. You guys don't have it in you to really hate any other NHL team. Not in the way a Bruins fan understands.

Does that sound elitist? I'm sorry if it does, but as I said, Bruins fans know something about hate. Our rivalry with Montreal? That's hate. You know it's hate when it ALWAYS feels ESPECIALLY good to win, and ALWAYS feels ESPECIALLY bad to lose, to that team. Sorry -- to that ****ing team.

If I thought that this playoff loss would stir like hot embers in your hearts for the rest of your lives, that you'd lust to beat specifically Boston any time we run into each other, that a defeat to Boston for the rest of your life would lead to a drunkenly depressed evening, that a victory would lead to a storm of crap talking to all your Bruins fans friends, that any year when you finish beneath Boston in the standings from here on out would be outrageous and unsatisfactory, then... then I'd accept that you're learning how to hate.

For now? You're just unhappy. And that's OK. You're learning now. You're only just getting the lessons now that our fanbase got 100 years ago. It takes time to learn how to do these things properly.

BTW I wouldn't count CBJ out of the playoffs next year. You're losing some big UFAs but you've got a lot of youth and strength on that roster. Bit of luck could easily see you making some noise again next year, especially since your GM seems to be a very good one.

Much respect from New England.

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Bruins fan here. Coming in peace. I was here to congratuate you guys on a great series, but I just have to say this, as an old fan of an old team that really knows what hatred is.

No. No you don't. You don't hate us. You're angry with the Bruins. You're upset that your team lost the series -- an excellent series by the way. But you don't hate us. You can't. You've never been taught how.

in 5 years we're just another team to you. You guys don't have it in you to really hate any other NHL team. Not in the way a Bruins fan understands.

Does that sound elitist? I'm sorry if it does, but as I said, Bruins fans know something about hate. Our rivalry with Montreal? That's hate. You know it's hate when it ALWAYS feels ESPECIALLY good to win, and ALWAYS feels ESPECIALLY bad to lose, to that team. Sorry -- to that ****ing team.

If I thought that this playoff loss would stir like hot embers in your hearts for the rest of your lives, that you'd lust to beat specifically Boston any time we run into each other, that a defeat to Boston for the rest of your life would lead to a drunkenly depressed evening, that a victory would lead to a storm of crap talking to all your Bruins fans friends, that any year when you finish beneath Boston in the standings from here on out would be outrageous and unsatisfactory, then... then I'd accept that you're learning how to hate.

For now? You're just unhappy. And that's OK. You're learning now. You're only just getting the lessons now that our fanbase got 100 years ago. It takes time to learn how to do these things properly.

BTW I wouldn't count CBJ out of the playoffs next year. You're losing some big UFAs but you've got a lot of youth and strength on that roster. Bit of luck could easily see you making some noise again next year, especially since your GM seems to be a very good one.

... yeah no I hate Boston. I’ve always hated them. But thanks for the condescension.

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV

You made the mistake of thinking that all of us here are hockey newbies and the only team any of us have ever followed is the CBJ.

I don't speak for everyone here, but many of us were fans of other teams before the Jackets joined the league. During those years, our teams had rivalries with other teams to varying degrees of intensity. I know true hate for another team as I did for the Avalanche as a former Red Wings fan. I still hate the Avs to this day and probably always will.

To be honest, I don't hate the Bruins. That said, I'm well on my way to hating their fanbase on the same level as I do the Avs. Smug, entitled and condescending only begin to describe you folks - your post above being Exhibit A. f*** off and die, asshole.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
To be honest, I don't hate the Bruins. That said, I'm well on my way to hating their fanbase on the same level as I do the Avs. Smug, entitled and condescending only begin to describe you folks - your post above being Exhibit A. **** off and die, *******.

This is where I'm at. I like the Bruins team, it's the smug fans that drive me nuts. Some of them are my friends. I live in Massachusetts. :help:

But this guy just seems to have an odd misunderstanding of our passion and experience as fans. He likes our team. I'll gladly take that over the smug Bruins fans that think their team is vastly superior, as if we didn't just battle them half to death and come a few bounces away from winning the thing.

Reactions: cslebn and Viqsi

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
HUGE CBJ fan here.. HUGE!! Have to say this to a lot of cbjs out there. Stop crying. Frick! We had a good run, we lost to a better team. We have grown every year im excited for our future.

Tied longest wins streak! Lost in playoffs to two Stanley cup champs last two years in a row! Just swept a nhl best top seed! Lost to bos in a hard fought match. Bounces didnt go our way. Lot of negativity here and stupid shit said. Grow up guys!! That Boston fan came in peace. Stop over analyzing everyevery and cheer for bos!! Im hoping they win the cup. Who could say they made the playoffs and lost to the best every year! One day will be our chance!

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Ya know I'm not mad about losing to the Bruins per se because they were the better team or any specific incident other than the McAvoy hit, but Christ their fanbase right now is insufferable with the whining about refs no matter how much the calls are slanted their way or how dirty their players are - in a lineup with Marchand, Chara and Backes no less. Major assist from the zebras tonight and they can't help but bitch about not every single thing being aligned for them.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Ya know I'm not mad about losing to the Bruins per se because they were the better team or any specific incident other than the McAvoy hit, but Christ their fanbase right now is insufferable with the whining about refs no matter how much the calls are slanted their way or how dirty their players are - in a lineup with Marchand, Chara and Backes no less. Major assist from the zebras tonight and they can't help but ***** about not every single thing being aligned for them.

I think it might be kind of like a joke that some of their fans are in on and some aren't. Everybody in Boston boos when things don't go their way, even if it's a call on the most blatant trip you'll ever see. I've had friends do that when they are well aware that it was a good call. Another example is that Jack Edwards knows he's being a homer. I can be okay with that, but unfortunately the culture has bred a big group of fans that don't have that awareness.

SImpelton

Mar 1, 2018
You made the mistake of thinking that all of us here are hockey newbies and the only team any of us have ever followed is the CBJ.

I don't speak for everyone here, but many of us were fans of other teams before the Jackets joined the league. During those years, our teams had rivalries with other teams to varying degrees of intensity. I know true hate for another team as I did for the Avalanche as a former Red Wings fan. I still hate the Avs to this day and probably always will.

To be honest, I don't hate the Bruins. That said, I'm well on my way to hating their fanbase on the same level as I do the Avs. Smug, entitled and condescending only begin to describe you folks - your post above being Exhibit A. **** off and die, *******.
Good show. For the record I'm growing rather fond of CBJ. Makes me happy to see their fanbase really maturing and getting into the team. you guys certainly showed that hockey isn't dead in Columbus, far from it.

And your boys put up a heck of a fight in the semifinals. Looking forward to the rematch next year in the RS, and maybe we'll meed again in the playoffs as well. You have the talent. That playoff experience will count for a lot. A few good moves and I could see this CBJ team breaking through for a few years.

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio

Don’t ever try to talk down to me again. I hate your team. I also hate the Habs. They are just like you. You think they hate you, but they are you. Blu, blanc et rouge = Black and Gold. Arrogant Pricks.

Go back to your own board. I hope the Bruins get to the finals, go up 3-0 with a lead in the 2nd period and choke the game and the series in 4 games, just like 2010 in the semis against the Flyers.

Reactions: Jive Pawnbroker

Jive Pawnbroker

One day next week
Feb 18, 2009
on SCTV
Good show. For the record I'm growing rather fond of CBJ. Makes me happy to see their fanbase really maturing and getting into the team. you guys certainly showed that hockey isn't dead in Columbus, far from it.

And your boys put up a heck of a fight in the semifinals. Looking forward to the rematch next year in the RS, and maybe we'll meed again in the playoffs as well. You have the talent. That playoff experience will count for a lot. A few good moves and I could see this CBJ team breaking through for a few years.

You forgot to pat us all on the head on your way out.

Prick.

CBJ VGK

May 19, 2018
Las Vegas, NV
I have to say, I actually agree with our Boston fan here.

I hated Boston during the playoff series. With a passion. When the series ended I wanted Carolina to come in and stomp them in the dirt.

Was watching the game last night and couldn't help but pull for the Bruins, which made me realize I was just angry about the way things ended (3 straight losses to end a series) knowing that had a few bounces gone our way, we'd have as good a chance as any team in the Final 4 to win the Cup. my thoughts on Marchand being the biggest pr*** in hockey have not changed.

I think it's fair to say though, our fan base hates the Pittsburgh Penguins, and it is more than warranted.

Either team could have won the last series, but the better team prevailed.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
I have to say, I actually agree with our Boston fan here.

I hated Boston during the playoff series. With a passion. When the series ended I wanted Carolina to come in and stomp them in the dirt.

Was watching the game last night and couldn't help but pull for the Bruins, which made me realize I was just angry about the way things ended (3 straight losses to end a series) knowing that had a few bounces gone our way, we'd have as good a chance as any team in the Final 4 to win the Cup. my thoughts on Marchand being the biggest pr*** in hockey have not changed.

I think it's fair to say though, our fan base hates the Pittsburgh Penguins, and it is more than warranted.

Either team could have won the last series, but the better team prevailed.

I actually agreed with his main point regarding the Bruins and our fan base’s feelings overall. I’ll probably want them to win (I actually think it could weirdly help further with free agents/Duchene/respect around the league) although I don’t think I’ll really cheer for them like I did for the Caps last year.

But he came across very smug two different ways:

1) The “you’ve never been taught how”, “you’re just now getting the lessons” bit that he posted. Absolutely ridiculous and insulting (as if none of us know anything about hockey), especially on another team’s board (maybe he’s actually trying to get CBJ fans to hate Boston...)

2) Claiming that an individual fan doesn’t actually harbor dislike toward a team, as if he knows that fan’s personal story/experiences. Most people in the CBJ fan base might be relatively neutral to the Blackhawks. I’m not. For reasons that are personal to me.

I agree with him that collectively as a fan base we don’t hate the Bruins. That’s reserved for the Penguins (although he might say that doesn’t exist either, since neither us nor the Pens have existed for 100 years...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->