Pre-Game Talk: PLAYOFFS! at vegas tuesday thursday

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Guess who's gonna be in Vegas for work from the 17th to the 21st? I'm sure there's no way I'll get a ticket, but I'll be more than happy to get in my Jets gear and sit behind the person who looks like they bet the most money on the game. That way, when the Jets win and I get gunned down in broad daylight, I'll at least make the news :)

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Time for the traditional April whiteout to start
View attachment 688325
View attachment 688326
View attachment 688327
View attachment 688328
View attachment 688329

axel-jonsson-fjallby-1.jpg

Go :jets Go
These photos prove the old saying: "If you can't look sexy and simmering with just your eyes and hair, taking off more of your clothes isn't going to help."

Okay, so I made that up, but it should be an old saying.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Who gets the wild? Hopefully they beat them.

These photos prove the old saying: "If you can't look sexy and simmering with just your eyes and hair, taking off more of your clothes isn't going to help."

Okay, so I made that up, but it should be an old saying.
You can’t even see the eyes of 3 of 6 girls. Taking off more clothes always helps. That guy at bottom, wearing way too much.

• Haha
Reactions: GeorgeJETson

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Who gets the wild? Hopefully they beat them.
If Colorado beats Nashville tonight, then Dallas plays Minnesota. If Colorado does not win tonight, then Colorado plays Minnesota.

Being pragmatic, if it ends up being Colorado/Minnesota, I would want Minnesota to knock Colorado out. I always want upsets in other series when my team is still in the playoffs.

Reactions: ps241 and Inanna

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Looks like Brossoit is their starter for now
The more knowledgeable people at this lunch table (okay, so, everybody else) seem to think that Brossoit will be easier to beat than Quick. To the point of rubbing their hands with glee.

Yet there's two future pharmacists here who have loudly insisted they'd swap Rittich for Brossoit without a moment's hesitation. Well, they put it a lot more crudely. To me, it seems opinion is divided as to who we want to face.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
The more knowledgeable people at this lunch table (okay, so, everybody else) seem to think that Brossoit will be easier to beat than Quick. To the point of rubbing their hands with glee.

Yet there's two future pharmacists here who have loudly insisted they'd swap Rittich for Brossoit without a moment's hesitation. Well, they put it a lot more crudely. To me, it seems opinion is divided as to who we want to face.
I wouldn't trust Brossoit with a playoff run, but Quick has been awful. But then Quick has always been a mediocre regular season goalie and has stepped it up in the playoffs. Not sure who I'd prefer honestly.

Reactions: Inanna and surixon

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
I wouldn't trust Brossoit with a playoff run, but Quick has been awful. But then Quick has always been a mediocre regular season goalie and has stepped it up in the playoffs. Not sure who I'd prefer honestly.
Has he really though? I keep seeing people say that, but other than in 2012 and 2013 (and a 4 game sweep against in 2018), his playoff runs haven't been particularly impressive. So basically, when he was arguably the best goalie in the world, his playoff runs were up there as well, otherwise they have ranged from bad to fine.

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Think the Jets have the book on Broissoit having practiced and played with him for two years? Is that a factor?

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I’d much rather take my chances with Vegas than the Oilers who are 18-1-1 in their last 20 and plowing right through teams.
Oilers broken the record for PP % with a crazy 32.4% record ... come playoff time refs don't want to decide playoff games with penalties so I don't see the Oilers getting too many PPs.

Reactions: Inanna

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida

I think obviously in a backup role, I'd take Bro 10 times out of 10 over Rittich. As for having either as a starter? No thanks.

The one knock on Broissoit is that his performance drops off a cliff when he's tasked with being 'the guy'. He also has less than one game of NHL playoff experience.

I think he's a big unknown, but if he has an issue dealing with the pressure of being the guy, I don't think being a playoff starter is going to be easy for him... I guess time will tell

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad