GDT: Playoffs 2019 (We weren't invited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Mixed feelings about this. I want the Sharks out for our pick. But if they win the series I wouldn’t mind seeing them beat up by Colorado.

San Jose has nothing left and were just hanging on. By the time they get to the second round I only want to see them take abuse.

John
I'd love to see that but I absolutely can't envision Colorado beating either of these teams

Reactions: Doothpick

PrototypeX85

Jan 18, 2011
I picked the Sharks as my bandwagon team at the start of the playoffs, so I'll be sticking with them as long as they're around.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
what the hell was theodore doing there

easily could have gotten his stick in there but just let hertl skate in and shoot

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Vegas should have put them game away long before OT started. Might have blown their best opportunity to win as I thought the Sharks looked pretty terrible for large stretches of the game, hard to imagine Sharks playing as bad in game 7 as they did in game 6.

Reactions: Doothpick
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Not the Rockies. Most of their fans weren’t alive then. The Avalanche won the cup the year they relocated from Quebec.
I doubt there were more than a handful of long-suffering Colorado hockey fans that hadn't already transferred their loyalty to New Jersey. And if there were, they definitely didn't teach the brand new Avs fans any humility.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Well, the St. Louis pick may now be unattainable at 20. But Nashville, Winnipeg and Calgary all gone in Round 1? It was all worth it.

Now rooting like hell for Vegas tomorrow night.

SJ definitely needs to lose now, as we can't have the STL pick anymore

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Well, the St. Louis pick may now be unattainable at 20. But Nashville, Winnipeg and Calgary all gone in Round 1? It was all worth it.

Now rooting like hell for Vegas tomorrow night.

Yup, it's gone. If St Louis beats Dallas then the Blues will pick 28-31. If Dallas wins, St Louis moves up at least one pick to 19 or better. Best case is Toronto, Carolina, and Vegas to all win game 7's. If that happens, SJ pick would move up to 22 (worst case) and 21 if Carolina beats the NYI.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Good for Cogs and Jim Montgomery

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Nashville, Winnipeg and Calgary all gone in round 1. Excellent.

St Louis is the only bearable team left in the West so I hope they go to the final and Vegas beats San Jose for the benefit of our pick.

Reactions: Terry Yake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad