Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
20 years since they last made it to the Conference Finals. Goes to show you that winning in the playoffs is hard and that tanking never guarantees anything.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
Absolutely fantastic. All the teams and fanbases I hate are out.

I sort of hope the Caps win it all, but I guess I mostly just want 3 more game 7s.

Reactions: Ezekial

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Chicago and Pittsburgh are my least favorite teams, so suffice to say, it's been a long decade. Hope Ovie can get his Cup, but any of the remaining teams winning will be a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Cyborg Yzerberg

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Finally the playoffs actually begin. No Pens, no Hawks, no LA. Agree with everyone else, will be great to see any of the remaining teams win.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Washington is already setting aside a date for the parade for this achievement. They'll have a second one if they win the ECF and a third parade for the Cup Finals (winning or losing, they need to get all the celebrating in that they can to hold them over for another twenty years).

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
Vegas is the only team I don't want to see win it all. Nothing against them, it would just seem really cheap for a team put together a little over 10 months ago to win it all. Again, if they do it more power to them, I just think that would be the worst possible outcome. I have nothing against any of the other teams and would be totally cool with any of them winning the Cup.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Washington or Winnipeg for me

Would be great to see Ovie win it all and put those doubts to rest

Winnipeg on the other hand is small market, traditional hockey fans who're rabid with the perect end of youth, experience, size, speed and skill

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I want to see Vegas go all the way. Just find it amusing more than anything. Also, I want to see Washington return to being the pathetic under achievers they know they are.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Damn Tampa laid an egg, made for a terrible game 1. People around the league wanted to anoint them with the Cup in November while their season slowly flattened out . There's a lot to prove still, going straight through the Caps and then the West? I think Washington is hot right now and could easily advance. The Lightning can play 10 times better so hopefully this series gets ramped up- that was pathetic.

DetroitRed

Crashes the Crease
Apr 7, 2013
Detroit
I'm really looking forward to the Winnipeg-Vegas series; it's going to be sweet. I can't wait to see the Jets, who built a great team in a small market without all the help Vegas got from the league, win and advance to the finals.

If Tampa Bay sorts itself out in time, then the Caps-TB series also has potential to be great. Though at this point, I think we're going to have an epic cup final between Washington and Winnipeg. It could just come down to the Jets being more fatigued than the Caps after the Nashville and Vegas series', but they'd still be a really great match.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
I'm really looking forward to the Winnipeg-Vegas series; it's going to be sweet. I can't wait to see the Jets, who built a great team in a small market without all the help Vegas got from the league, win and advance to the finals.

If Tampa Bay sorts itself out in time, then the Caps-TB series also has potential to be great. Though at this point, I think we're going to have an epic cup final between Washington and Winnipeg. It could just come down to the Jets being more fatigued than the Caps after the Nashville and Vegas series', but they'd still be a really great match.

I have some pretty serious doubts that most people wouldn't rather have what Winnipeg started out with than what Vegas did without using hindsight

Vegas mostly got a collection of players that almost everyone viewed as garbage at the time of the expansion draft while Winnipeg inherited multiple 50+ point defensemen in Byfuglien and Enstrom(who were both still fairly young at 26 years old),a 20 year old Evander Kane,a Blake Wheeler that hadn't yet shown what he could do but had just put up 17 points in 23 games after being traded to Atlanta,a 25 year old Andrew Ladd that had just put up a team leading 59 points after being traded from Chicago and being given a bigger role,Brian Little,a 19 year old Burmistrov prior to all the KHL stuff and such

a team that put up 80 points the previous season while only having Wheeler for 23 games,meanwhile pretty much everyone even after the draft thought that Vegas was going to be one of the worst teams in the league

people use WAY too much hindsight nonsense with this Vegas stuff

Reactions: NickH8

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
So it is a little weird that NBC keeps bringing up other sports tonight to describe hockey things...

Not really sure who gave this directive, but feel free to stop. I don't care about the basketball comparison or what Bill Belichick's motto is.

Reactions: NickH8

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
So it is a little weird that NBC keeps bringing up other sports tonight to describe hockey things...

Not really sure who gave this directive, but feel free to stop. I don't care about the basketball comparison or what Bill Belichick's motto is.

I don't like it either but can see why they do it. trying to appeal to the casual fan that probably understands football and basketball more than hockey

NickH8

Jul 3, 2015
Fairweather Tampa fans showing their true colors. Amalie is silent right now. Awesome to see Tampa schooled like this.

Reactions: Red Stanley

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad