Playoffs 2018 Discussion Thread

Who are you Rooting for to Win the Stanley Cup this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
It's disgusting watching Pittsburgh get gifted generational talent repeatedly and then reaping the rewards for 15 years at a time. Can't wait until this is over.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
what impresses me most about Vegas is their passing. They skate well up and down the lineup, but they also excel at making all of those little passes that push the puck around the ice and drag the opposition out of position. It's excellent coaching from Gallant and buy-in from the players. All of those little passes that actually hit sticks instead of skates is what makes their team speed so deadly.
So you're telling me puck movement wins hockey games? But AA is so fast and can dangle through a guy once a month. Gosh darn Blashill ruining AA (not directed at you).

Eastopia

Custom Title User
May 26, 2012
I know a lot of people hate the Bruins, but I actually love watching them play.

So do I. I was neutral going into the Leafs series until Kadri made his hit, after that I just wanted the Bruins to humiliate them as badly as possible. As I kept watching the series though I realized how entertaining they are and I'm now cheering for them full on. It's hard not to like their mix of skill and grit.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
So do I. I was neutral going into the Leafs series until Kadri made his hit, after that I just wanted the Bruins to humiliate them as badly as possible. As I kept watching the series though I realized how entertaining they are and I'm now cheering for them full on. It's hard not to like their mix of skill and grit.

Really agree with this. In 2011 I was much more a fan of Vancouver (Euro players, skill, quickness, etc.) but Boston emerged as an inevitable force of nature. I still believe they turned the hockey world upside down. I choose to accept what is rather than "wish" other teams were better. Like they say- if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?

I didnt mind the Kadri hit. Wingels went late and high on Marner after he already got hit by Chara.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
He is the only person I need to point to when I disagree with those who enjoy the Bruins.

Yeah, Pasta is a beast and I’ve always liked Bergeron. But that dude plays like a weasel almost as much as he looks like one.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Yeah, Pasta is a beast and I’ve always liked Bergeron. But that dude plays like a weasel almost as much as he looks like one.
Chara isn't much better. Because he is 8 feet tall he just straight up bullies people.

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto

I think it was the previous lightning-Bruins series, but I remember there was one feed when Stamkos "fought" Marchand where you could hear him shout "I've had enough you little rat!" Just before he tackles Marchand. It's such a PG insult, but so fitting that I loved it. The guy looks and plays just like a disgusting little rat.

Konnan511

#RetireHronek17
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2008
Sarasota, FL
It's disgusting watching Pittsburgh get gifted generational talent repeatedly and then reaping the rewards for 15 years at a time. Can't wait until this is over.
Three players in roughly 35 years isn't that many generational players. In that time the Wings had Yzerman, Fedorov, Lidstrom, Datsyuk, Zetterberg. Different circumstances obviously, but two drafts twenty years apart to get your franchise players isn't the most impressive things out there. Just my two cents, of course.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
A lot of people are going to enjoy it haha. Made a comment on another site that maybe the TBL players smell like cheese and Marchand just wanted a taste. They didn't like it. Well, the dude's a rat. What do you expect? Rats like cheese.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: