HF Habs: Playoffs 2015 ROUND 1 BANTER THREAD - NEW Example in OP (Mod Warning post #44)

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It's possible to dislike the team but like the city. I lived in Ottawa for two years and liked it. Some nice areas, kinda pretty, good museums, and parliament hill is cool. Found some pretty good restaurants in the Byward area. I was living with my girlfriend (now wife) back then; might be different if you're single or bringing up kids.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
PastIllfatedHammerheadshark.gif

Looks like he let one rip and it was a bit wet. :naughty:

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014
Looks like he let one rip and it was a bit wet. :naughty:

That's the difference between a Super NHL'er and a regular NHL'er like Subban.

Subban needs to up his defensive flatulence game. It's strong but not next level.

JtotheC

Apr 29, 2011
Montreal
So Sens fans are gloating about selling out their tickets in 7 minutes and announcing that they're games as sold out, while we haven't sold out yet. Funny thing is half the crowd will still be filled with Habs fans. And you can tell they're out of touch, a team that is second in the league in attendance (Habs) and they think we won't sell out a playoff game?!

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Eastern conference CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Presidents trophy WINNNNNNNNEEERRRRRSSSSS !!!!!1111

Ottawa_Habs_3.jpg

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
It's possible to dislike the team but like the city. I lived in Ottawa for two years and liked it. Some nice areas, kinda pretty, good museums, and parliament hill is cool. Found some pretty good restaurants in the Byward area. I was living with my girlfriend (now wife) back then; might be different if you're single or bringing up kids.

Banter. You're doing it wrong.

;)

Unclewhalebone

Aug 28, 2009
Pathetic franchise!!

Btw I'm fighting the good fight in the playoff board. You can't let Jerk Store hog the spotlight, he's too comfortable with Karl Rovian tactics. Dismiss him outright! Laughing emoticons and goalpost shifting are key!!!

I'm trying to fight the good fight. In a cordial manner of course.

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
FYI : While everyone on the main board were discussing offense, defense, goaltending of one city versus the other, I suggested to widen the debate asking "Women : Ottawa or Montreal?". My post existed for about 6 seconds. Bantering is indeed a subtle art.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
FYI : While everyone on the main board were discussing offense, defense, goaltending of one city versus the other, I suggested to widen the debate asking "Women : Ottawa or Montreal?". My post existed for about 6 seconds. Bantering is indeed a subtle art.

:laugh:
Remember last year in Boston the camerman was panning the crowd trying to find even 1 fine looking dame? :laugh:

Sodom and Gomorrah all over again not even one.
Pillars of salt the whole nine yards. :naughty:

cajmonkey

Mar 29, 2014

Pretty sure it was deleted for being a stupid question with an obvious answer.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Banter. You're doing it wrong.

;)

Okay, here's my original post edited:

I lived in Ottawa for two years and liked it. Some nice peaceful areas without the noisy cheering we get here. Good museums, especially the hockey museum in Kanata featuring prehistoric victory banners. Parliament hill is beautiful and the political hub to watch Sens fans campaigning to get the Bill of Relevance passed.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Just watch Republican debates and how they snake their way through answers and questions.

For this gag you'd be better off extending a series of questions and assuming the answer to all of them:

Montreal v Ottawa
City size
Better Goalie
Interest
Culture
Festivals
Restaurants
Women
Stores
Better GM
Student life
Better Forward
Universities
Originality
Historicity
Stanley Cup Wins
Better Defenseman

All Montreal baby
Tada!

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Just watch Republican debates and how they snake their way through answers and questions.

For this gag you'd be better off extending a series of questions and assuming the answer to all of them:

Montreal v Ottawa
City size
Better Goalie
Interest
Culture
Festivals
Restaurants
Women
Stores
Better GM
Student life
Better Forward
Universities
Originality
Historicity
Stanley Cup Wins
Better Defenseman

All Montreal baby
Tada!

Thank you W7, you sure are the masterbanter !

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Okay, here's my original post edited:

I lived in Ottawa for two years and liked it. Some nice peaceful areas without the noisy cheering we get here. Good museums, especially the hockey museum in Kanata featuring prehistoric victory banners. Parliament hill is beautiful and the political hub to watch Sens fans campaigning to get the Bill of Relevance passed.

:nod:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I can't believe MiG didn't post it here himself :

ABbwxZV.gif

Legendary

President XD

Apr 30, 2014
Gatineau resident here and have been working in Ottawa since 1987. Not the most exciting city for sure. I commute in to work in the morning and escape the city right after I'm off work. I rarely stick around. There are some decent restaurants, although not that many.

There's as much excitement at a Sens game as there is in an Old Home when a bunch of grannies get together to play Bridge or Shuffleboard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad