HF Habs: Playoffs 2015 ROUND 1 BANTER THREAD - NEW Example in OP (Mod Warning post #44)

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Previous threads: Ottawa 2013, Tampa 2014

karlssonlol_zps7bab111d.gif

Banter 2015: This time revengence is ours!
Pro-Habs talking points (repeat these until they're true)
  1. The Habs are the ONLY Canadian team with a shot in the playoffs. A true patriot would root for Canada's team.
  2. Team Canada's *STAR* Player, Carey Price, is a Hab. If you supported Team Canada in the Olympics, you'd support the Habs.
  3. One of the most underrated coaches in the league, Michel Therrien, preaches respect to all his players and gets them to play an grind-it-out, blue-collar, no-frills kinda game.
  4. Great young players like Subban, Gallagher, Eller, De La Rose, Beaulieu, Pateryn and budding, will-be-better-than-Johansen superstar Alex Galchenyuk are relied upon for important duties at all times.
  5. Wily vets like PAP, Mitchell, Weaver and Gonchar bring stability to the lineup with their consistent play.
  6. Deadline acquisitions Flynn and Petry go to show that we're truly Stanley Cup contenders - and Bergevin won't pay too much at the deadline.
  7. Physical players like DSP, Prust, Weise, Emelin, Pateryn and Petry keep the other team on their toes and honest.
  8. Stars like Desharnais, Pacioretty, Plekanec and rising star Brendan Gallagher can pretty much score at will. If you want high-octane hockey, you'd support the Habs.

Anti-Sens talking points (these are actually true)
  1. Erik Karlsson has never won Olympic Gold, World Juniors or even the World Championships. Compared to perennial champion and Olympic Gold Medalist PK Subban, Karlsson's clearly unfit to win.
  2. Their star player and captain, Jason Spezza, begged to be traded before the season. Ottawa's a sinking ship.
  3. Do they even have electricity in Ottawa? When the Rideau Canal is melted and the dog-sleds put away, how do they transport their goods and services?
  4. Overrated goalies - Craig who? Andrew whom? Neither has half of conference final experience of our backup Tokarski.
  5. Erik Condra will forever go around correcting people that he's actually, regrettably, not Peter Bondra
  6. Kyle fkn Turris is their first line centre!!! Point at them and laugh!
  7. Bryan Murray is a brave man and a good hockey guy, but Senator owner Eugene Melnyk is so cheap he probably feeds the team off of Andrew Hammond's free McDonald's card
  8. Dave Cameron's overrated, he's only good compared to Paul the Walrus Maclean. Also, you can't play that wide open in the playoffs - ya idiots.

If you're ever caught in a debate, just fall back on the previous points and refuse to concede any points. Always remember the following:

1. Every hit by the Senators is dirty and had intent to injure
  2. Every hit by the Habs was clean and old-school hockey
  3. The refs are CLEARLY biased against the Habs
  4. Bettman wants Ottawa to win
  5. The Habs are obviously playing injured
  6. Hammond's meteoric rise was dubious, and cause for concern. The league turns a blind eye on steroid abuse.
  7. Every victory by the Habs was a dominant win and it wasn't even close
  8. Every win by Ottawa (yuck!) was by the skin of their teeth and the Habs woulda won if some of those bounces went our way
  9. HFBoards is against the Habs.
  10. We're the underdogs. We're always the underdogs.

The playoffs may only last a couple of weeks, we have to make the most of it. Happy posting!

Example of good banter:
They aren't scrubs, but I'm sure you know that. Pageau is a great young player, but for some reason a lot of Habs fans think he's only good against them.
Sure he is, a 4th round pick with less than 30 points in his career is a great young player.

Ben Maxwell had great seasons in the AHL too, doesn't mean anything.
See what I did here? I shifted the goalposts, took facts out of context, denied his point out-right and brought up a completely irrelevant but plausible counter-example.

Example of bad banter:
So it's not a hot-streak, but now those scrubs are legitimately "full package" :laugh:
If we end up losing this series, this is the kind of post the rest of us have to eat crow for. You shut your trap til the series is done... and when its over, win or lose, you still keep it shut.
:shakehead
How can you people stand up straight with so little spine? And this guy has a picture of Guy Carbonneau holding the 93 cup as his avatar. For shame.

Last edited:

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
m-m-MODS!!

Not in playoffs - I support every Hab during the playoffs because we're a mere 16 wins away from a Stanley Cup.

Even DD? I have a feeling he will confuse the **** out of all us. He will play a big role in the habs offensive production, and posters like Pyretta will still curse his name!

LOL JKS

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
What confuses me the most about the Sens is I like a lot of their players (and like have a man-crush on Mark Stone... holy **** is he good!)... yet, I despise them as a franchise.

Can someone explain to me why I feel this way?

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
What confuses me the most about the Sens is I like a lot of their players (and like have a man-crush on Mark Stone... holy **** is he good!)... yet, I despise them as a franchise.

Can someone explain to me why I feel this way?

Because of their annoying, know-it-all, nouveau riche HF fanbase, of course.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I once spat out a chewing gum in Ottawa. They shut down the city 2 days for investigation. True story!

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
PzRyOwO.gif

I haven't tested it on the main board yet. Might be too offensive or condescending for bantering.

EDIT : or not funny enough.... I'll take suggestion to improve it if you have any!

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
PzRyOwO.gif

I haven't tested it on the main board yet. Might be too offensive or condescending for bantering.

EDIT : or not funny enough.... I'll take suggestion to improve it if you have any!
I lost it at the thriving underground line.

Dude... don't even think about it. You'll stumble upon a itchy trigger-finger mod in no time.
Spoken like someone who's sorely missing their spiffy avatar :sarcasm:

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Let's just send the ECHL quality team back to where they belong. 2 hot months does not make up for 5 months of utter trash. They're a trash team and I really can't see this going beyond 5.

How lucky are we to play two ECHL quality goalers two years in a row in the first round?

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
PzRyOwO.gif

Bahahahaaa, so funny! Please post it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad