2. Anaheim
3. San Jose

WC
1. Dallas
2. Calgary

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
Holy!! I had to look that one up, but that's a valid point.

The rags have only played 8 road games and have a 3-5 record on the road. In addition, they haven't gone on any big Western road trips yet.

That, coupled with the ultra competitive metro, and I have NYR missing the playoffs.

They seem to be a bit streaky too, and will come back down to earth with an underwhelming roster.

Not saying they will make it, but they started out the year with pretty much the entire roster slumping. They have also had some injury issues with a pretty significant number of guys playing with various nagging injuries...sometimes it is better to just have guys out instead of playing at 55%...

Anyway, they have been a very strong road team for years, among the best when playing back to backs and frankly road trips give guys a chance to bond, develop chemistry and as this current team has a high number of guys with young families-an opportunity to concentrate on hockey for more than 12 hours straight.

As rough as the season started- 2 wins in first 10, they are what, 4 points out of first in the Metro, with games at hand on a number of teams ahead of them...they are better then many people realize.

That being said, this team is not coming close to winning a Cup this year. They also have a coach that has done a damn good job at making decisions year after year that are beyond baffling- ensuring they will never win the big game come spring...

Would be a good time to "pull a Pitts" and tank for a picks and youth at the deadline and a special talent at the draft...

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
Atlantic
1. Tampa
2. Toronto
3. Boston

Metro
1. Pittsburgh
2. Washington
3. NYR

WC
1. Columbus
2. New Jersey

--------------

Central
1. St. Louis
2. Nashville
3. Winnipeg

Pacific
1. LA
2. Anaheim
3. San Jose

WC
1. Dallas
2. Calgary

Very curious what makes you think Columbus and NJ fall to Wildcard

Section32

May 26, 2011
CT
I don't see the top 3 in the metro changing this season.

There are a lot of unproven, super-young guys playing very important roles on teams like the Isles and Devils.

Certainly bodes well for the future, but look at Toronto last year. They had a crazy number of young guys play on a 95 point team out of nowhere...and then they were done in a less than a week and a half against a veteran Caps team...who, even with 32 home wins, went on to lose in the second round to the Pens with 3 home losses, one shutout, one blowout...just not easy. (And Pitt was barely over a 500 club on the road last year...)

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Very curious what makes you think Columbus and NJ fall to Wildcard

I don't so much see it as them falling as I do the others rising. Although I don't think New Jersey will maintain this standard for the whole season and we haven't seen Pitt/Wsh play their best hockey yet. I see NYR and Columbus being interchangeable, with NYR edging them out just as a guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad