Playoff Race Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Wow, makes you wonder why fans even watch? :dunno:
Why was it allowed to occur even once?????????????????????????? The NHL looks so so so concerned about concussions but when it is Boston they get 20 passes in 1 game???????????????????????????? Common man. It was pre-decided to even up the series.

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
After what I saw in Boston live in game 2 I am more convinced than I ever have been that Jacobs rules Bettman like a mom rules her kid. Boston should have got minimum 20 penalties in game 2. They came out with intention of running Leafs through the glass with every hit. There were more elbows and boards thrown then Howe ever threw. I was down on the glass and saw them all. The refs did not even call one of them. It was decided ahead of time. Completely disgusting game of officiating. The worst I have ever seen in over 50+ years of playing and watching hockey. It was so bad my wife a New England Democrat vowed never to go to an NHL game again unless one of her sons was playing. Watch the game again. It reeks no matter how many times you watch it. If you honestly think it will not happen again then you are only kidding yourself.

I also lost all respect to Cassidy for employing this plan.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Big day today
Canucks over Lightning
Coyotes over Panthers
Wings over Habs
Predators over Bruins

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
Tampas just a scary team, its wild how they can turn on a dime and go on a tear like that after playing possum for the better part of the 1st half. Tampa is us 5 years more mature.

Lets hope Tampa isn't us 5 years more mature, I don't want the Leafs winning the Presidents Trophy only to be exposed, swept and humiliated by a wild card in the playoffs.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
TB and Boston are the only relevant teams tonight. We are facing at least 1 of Boston and TB in the playoffs, hopefully both. Which means we won a round. If Florida beats us on Sunday night, I might change my mind.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think it's going to be Toronto and TB fighting it out for the division. Boston will run out of gas, they have to eventually (you would think). TB has finally found their groove.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Well if we’d taken care of our own business yesterday we’d still be ahead of Tampa despite their win.

Oh well, bully for us. Couldn’t be bothered to show up last night. Can’t wait to finish third again. :thumbd:

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
I think it's going to be Toronto and TB fighting it out for the division. Boston will run out of gas, they have to eventually (you would think). TB has finally found their groove.
I think it will be
Tampa
Boston
Toronto
seems like we have seen that scenario play out before lol...

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
TB is going to take first, it's fate at this point.

Boston players though are going to be groaning just as loudly about facing the Leafs as Leafs fans are about another first-round matchup with the Bruins. Make no mistake, Boston would truly prefer not facing the Leafs again, especially if Toronto keeps playing like they have been (minus the inevitable hiccup versus the Oilers).

Reactions: glue and willmma

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
I would love to see a first round series with Boston. I think with Keefe we will have a much better outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad