Playoff Predictions

sbrug

Aug 30, 2012
I guess we can settle with a draw. Taking London in the OHL final in 6

Lol, we should wait for the matchup first before we talk games. Though I don't think many UNBIASED people would pick London to lose a series against Barrie or Belleville.

spfan

May 4, 2009
Spot on with London, Owen Sound won 1 more game than I thought they would, spot on about Belleville as well, right about Barrie, but wow, I didn't think it'd be even close to a sweep.

Overall: 4/4

Round 3:

London in 7
Plymouth has looked great, but I still believe London is going all the way.
Should be a very close series.

Barrie in 6
Colts have yet to even lose a game and just destroyed a strong Generals team. Bulls defense and the goaltending of Subban has been excellent, but I think they will struggle to produce enough offense against Barrie.

I was perfect this round too. London series didn't go the distance surprisingly, but each game was close. Almost spot on about Barrie, but then Bulls started to make a comeback in the series.

Overall 2/2
Total overall: 11/14

London in 7 games
The 2 teams that I thought would be in the finals from the beggining has become a reality now. I'm still picking the Knights to repeat. Stolarz will have to outplay Niederberger, which will be very tough.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
I was perfect this round too. London series didn't go the distance surprisingly, but each game was close. Almost spot on about Barrie, but then Bulls started to make a comeback in the series.

Overall 2/2

London in 7 games
The 2 teams that I thought would be in the finals from the beggining has become a reality now. I'm still picking the Knights to repeat. Stolarz will have to outplay Niederberger, which will be very tough.

To date Stolarz has defeated teams with...

Patterson
Ned in Plymouth
Gibson

Not shabby.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
5 for 6 so far in the west ( no picks east conf first rd) had Guelph in a coin toss, d'oh!

London 6. Should be entertaining

Barrie 7- just a guess, not familiar enough

Well 6 for 7 in the west and a guess em 7 game winner in the east.

Gotta go London in 5. I thought 6 originally but have been 1 over total for all knights series ( and PP picked 6 :) )

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
The Colts surprised me against Belleville with their tough tenacious physical play and Niederburger was very impressive.

However now they meet the Knights.

I saw the Colts twice at the Bayshore and they were shutout 1-0 and 3-0 by Binnington. I saw the Knights 3 times at the Bayshore and they shutout the Attack twice by identical 3-0 scores and won once in a shootout with Patterson in net for all 3 games.

Therefore I am picking the Knights in 4 games and the Colts will not score a goal in the series and Stolarz will finally get some respect.

SimonKnightsman

Dec 28, 2012
Well..I went 1-1 in the Conference Finals

Sitting at a respectable 11-4 for the playoffs

That said

Knights in 6.

So you listened to me and took Portland. ( smart )

My friend I would do that again....Edmonton won't beat them this year.

And London in six...

spfan

May 4, 2009

Overall 2/2

London in 7 games

Overall: 1/1
Total Overall: 12/15

100% right about this series! I said Stolarz would have to outplay Niederberger and well, he didn't really, but it lead to Patterson doing so instead.

Horvat was great in that game and all playoffs long, but I don't see how Domi wasn't MVP...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
The players names change from year to year but the joke lives on.

Domi contributed, was our best F in a few games but Bo was the man. Our best player in many games. And given more responsibility as well.

7/8 in the west. Still pissed I had Guelph in 7. Stupid pick in hindsight lol

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Domi had a few great games. Horvat was great EVERY shift.

That's an MVP.

Very surprised that Scheifele did not win playoff MVP,did not know the winning
team player gets the award,while Horvat was outstanding and he is my favorite
Knight by far,18 pt difference is quite substantial in favor of Scheifele,thought
the award is for all the playoffs,dont recall Horvat getting 10 pts in 2 games in the finals
Scheifele missing game 7 was fortunate for the Knights,not sure if London wins game
7 if Horvat does not play and Scheifele does,hockey gods were with Knights in this series

Very surprised that Scheifele did not win playoff MVP,did not know the winning
team player gets the award,while Horvat was outstanding and he is my favorite
Knight by far,18 pt difference is quite substantial in favor of Scheifele,thought
the award is for all the playoffs,dont recall Horvat getting 10 pts in 2 games in the finals
Scheifele missing game 7 was fortunate for the Knights,not sure if London wins game
7 if Horvat does not play and Scheifele does,hockey gods were with Knights in this series
Horvat had 3 game winners in the Final series including the OHL Championship goal. He led the OHL in goals for the playoffs. That to me spells MVP. Would I have been disappointed if Scheifele had got the nod?..not at all...but somehow it's spun as another slight against Barrie and another imaginary sign of the OHL's imaginary love in with London.

Haters gonna hate. We understand

Last edited:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Bo knows crunch time :)

He was also asked to check every teams best player, was our best PK F, took a ton of own end draws, blocked a whack of shots, scored clutch goals.
MS by all accounts had a great run but Bo's also deserving.
It's not a most points trophy.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Horvat had 3 game winners in the Final series including the OHL Championship goal. He led the OHL in goals for the playoffs. That to me spells MVP. Would I have been disappointed if Scheifele had got the nod?..not at all...but somehow it's spun as another slight against Barrie and another imaginary sign of the OHL's imaginary love in with London.

Haters gonna hate. We understand

I dont see any hate in my statement,or slight against Barrie,having 1 more goal yet 19
less assists to me unless its awarded to the player who scores the most goals,perhaps
trophy should awarded to players who scores the most goals as assists obviously
dont matter especially in this case
Did Horvat have a great playoff yes obviously,as I mentioned he is my favourite Knights
player,I just think Scheifele got screwed not because of the team he plays for or any
perceived hate for London

I dont see any hate in my statement,or slight against Barrie,having 1 more goal yet 19
less assists to me unless its awarded to the player who scores the most goals,perhaps
trophy should awarded to players who scores the most goals as assists obviously
dont matter especially in this case
Did Horvat have a great playoff yes obviously,as I mentioned he is my favourite Knights
player,I just think Scheifele got screwed not because of the team he plays for or any
perceived hate for London
Scheifele is, for the most part, a 1 zone player. Dynamic...yes..but Bo does everything..and does it well. He's the epitome of an MVP. Scheifele could have easily won it...but nobody should argue that Bo won it. Both are solid choices. By saying Scheifele got screwed..it sounds like a slight against Horvat to be honest...I know it's not..but thats how it reads. Yes Scheifele led the OHL in playoff scoring...but I firmly believe an MVP goes deeper than stats.

Last edited:

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Scheifele is, for the most part, a 1 zone player. Dynamic...yes..but Bo does everything..and does it well. He's the epitome of an MVP. Scheifele could have easily won it...but nobody should argue that Bo won it. Both are solid choices. By saying Scheifele got screwed..it sounds like a slight against Horvat to be honest...I know it's not..but thats how it reads. Yes Scheifele led the OHL in playoff scoring...but I firmly believe an MVP goes deeper than stats.

Interesting stat re Bo Horvat re playoffs he along with Bradford of Barrie were the
only 2 players in the top 10 players of their respective teams in regards to scoring
along with Belleville and Plymouth top 10 scoring to record a minus in the plus/minus
category both were -1,while Scheifele along with Carrick were the highest plus/minus
at +18
The Knights btw only had 1 other forward who was a minus and that was Anderson who
-1 in his 11 games played

Interesting stat re Bo Horvat re playoffs he along with Bradford of Barrie were the
only 2 players in the top 10 players of their respective teams in regards to scoring
along with Belleville and Plymouth top 10 scoring to record a minus in the plus/minus
category both were -1,while Scheifele along with Carrick were the highest plus/minus
at +18
The Knights btw only had 1 other forward who was a minus and that was Anderson who
-1 in his 11 games played
Routinely playing against the other teams top snipers at just barely 18 yrs old..and only a -1...another stat that proves he was/is MVP ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad