Playoff Predictions

battfan888

Podcaster
Feb 29, 2012
Sleeman Centre
London over Saginaw in 6 (This depends on whether Saginaw can play at their top level and surprise like they can some nights, if not then Knights in 4)

Plymouth over Sarnia in 5 (Reid Boucher and Sarault might be able to put enough goals together to steal one but I'm thinking Plymouth goes REAL deep this year)

Owen Sound over Soo in 7 (Owen Sound is very strong but Soo have shown they can be, this could go the distance but no matter what Owen Sound wins this one)

Kitchener over Guelph in 5 (Guelph could make this series longer if Gibson isnt on his game, but Gibson is a goalie that can steal a series even if he didnt have a good team in front of him)

Belleville over Mississauga in 4 (Mississauga made the playoffs dispite themselves and were dead lucky they got to play Ottawa for their last game, before barely beating the last place team they had lost 10 straight)

Barrie over Kingston in 5 (Kingston MIGHT steal one, but this could easily go 4 as well)

Oshawa over Niagara in 5 (The offensive talent of Niagara will steal one at the Jack, but Oshawa's offense is just as good and better, not to mention better defence and goaltending)

Brampton over Sudbury in 6 (Last year I picked Sudbury in 7 and Brampton swept, I think last year's teams were more even, I think Brampton is better but the Troops lack of offense and going up against a very good Franky Palazzese do make me nervous, he can easily steal a couple games, Brampton scoring 5 goals in each of their last 3 games however makes me feel a bit more confident)

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Ply in 5
Lon in 5
Gue in 7-----coin flip
OS in 5

Just cant pick a sweep, althou I wont be surprised if we see one.

Friendly Fan

Mar 27, 2009
London in 5
Plymouth in 6
OS in 6
Kit in 7

Bel in 5
Bar in 6
Osh in 6
Sud in 7

So far so good with picking winners, but not games.

Going forward:

London in 6
Plymouth in 6

Belleville in 5 (considering that Belleville will beat Missy)
Osh in 6

lazyboy

Sponsor
May 24, 2010
Wallaceburg, Ontario
No upsets in round 1, I did ok with 7-1 record
Now for round 2

London in 7 over Kit....I think Gibson can steel it but something tells me the Knights have the Rangers number this year. If Stolarz keeps his play near par then the overall team balance should prevail. Either way this should be a great series.

Plymouth in 5 over Owen Sound....I'm big on the Plymouth bandwagon but it would not surprise me to have the Attack stretch this one out and even soften up the Whalers for their next opponent. Pains me to knock out Gibson (above) and now Binnington, but thats how I'm seeing it.

Belleville in 6 over Sudbury.....A good goaltender battle in this one but Subban should come out ahead here. Since the wolves were sellers at the deadline they are playing with house money to this point.

Oshawa in 6 over Barrie.....I'm still banking on a Ply vs Osh final but this could be a tough test for the Gens. As much as I love how Oshawa's team is built there is something about this up and coming Barrie team tells me they are looking to make a name for themselves this year.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Belleville over Subury in 5 - Frankie could steals the Wolves a game or two but the Bulls have a much stronger team.

Oshawa over Barrie in 7 - I predict that the Gens will stumble early in this series only to come back and win in 7

Kitchener over London in 7- John Gibson will prove to be the difference maker as Kitchener stuns London in a pretty big upset

Plymouth over Owen Sound in 6 - A close matchup on paper but I like Plymouth's offensive punch

spfan

May 4, 2009
London in 4
Knights have dominated all year and Saginaw are much worse, especially since Trocheck was dealt.

Plymouth in 7
Whalers depth edges out the offensive fire power of the Sting.

Sault ste. Marie in 7
Very close matchup, but I think the Greyhounds have better depth.

Kitchener in 5
While they are very close points wise, but with Faksa back and a huge factor is having Gibson. Saving their best hockey for the playoffs I think.

Belleville in 6
I see this series being a strong goaltending battle. The Bulls will outmatch them though due to being a superior team.

Barrie in 5
Colts led by Scheifele, will make this look relatively easy, taking on the young Frontenacs.

Niagra in 7
While the Generals have much better depth, Strome and Ritchie I think will be able to take over the series when it's all said and done.

Brampton in 6
Battalion are quite a bit better, but neither look that great.

Completely right about London. Right about Plymouth, though I didn't think they'd win so easily. Wrong about the Greyhounds, but it was quite close. Completely right about Kitchener. Completely right about Belleville. Right about Barrie. Very wrong about Niagra, wrong about Brampton, but the games were close.
Overall: 5/8

Round 2:

London in 6
Gibson will make this tough, but Kitchener hasn't been able to put it together this year and Knights are the best team in my opinion.

Plymouth in 5
After demolishing Sarnia(who had a top offensive d-man, top goal scorer and the top player in assists), the Whalers are looking great. Owen Sound are a good team, but Plymouth are just that good!

Belleville in 4
Maybe struggled a bit against Mississauga who weren't exactly a tough opponent, but Sudbury are one of the worst teams here and were lucky to play another weak team in round 1. Should be an easy series for the Bulls.

Barrie in 7
Tough decision here, but I think the Colts goaltending puts them over. Oshawa's depth vs the star power of Barrie, should be one of the most exciting series!

HLLYWD99

Mar 8, 2011
Amherstburg
8 for 8

London in 4- Record for 1 VS 8 over last 10 years is 40-2:eek:PERFECT

Plymouth in 5- Anderson steals one JB cries goonery:nopity:MISSED BY A GAME

OS in 5- SSm win 1 at home:teach2:BRACE SUSPENSION?

Kit in 5- The Rangers owned them last 2 years:deadhorse PERFECT

Bel in 4- where will the Steelheads move to?:dunno:SHOCKER

Bar in 5- K town steals 1:pullhair:KINGSTON:facepalm:

Osh in 4- Depth vs when can we collect AHL/NHL cheques:vhappy:MISSED BY A GAME

Sud in 6- Sudbury always upsets adios Brampton u will be missed:surrenderTOLD YA SO

Round 2:​

London in 6 - Goaltending is the key and if Stolarz falters Gibson could steal this series,but the Knights have been the league's best since November and are still the team to beat.

Owen Sound in 6 - Goaltending is the key again. Although the Whalers loaded up on scoring power the will face one tough defensive team and could be frustrated easily. Look for Binnington to steal game 1.

Belleville in 7 - Da Bulls let the lowly Steelheads steal 2 games and the Wolves just won't quit. Palazeeze is quite capable of stealing games.

Barrie in 6 - The Generals will put up a good fight but in the end the Colts have the better players and a slight edge in goaltending.

Mr. Perfect over and out:yo:

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
Round 2:​

London in 6 - Goaltending is the key and if Stolarz falters Gibson could steal this series,but the Knights have been the league's best since November and are still the team to beat.

Owen Sound in 6 - Goaltending is the key again. Although the Whalers loaded up on scoring power the will face one tough defensive team and could be frustrated easily. Look for Binnington to steal game 1.

Belleville in 7 - Da Bulls let the lowly Steelheads steal 2 games and the Wolves just won't quit. Palazeeze is quite capable of stealing games.

Barrie in 6 - The Generals will put up a good fight but in the end the Colts have the better players and a slight edge in goaltending.

Mr. Perfect over and out:yo:

Barrie may have slightly better goaltending but Oshawa has a deeper team both up front and on the back end.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
Belleville in 6
Barrie in 7
London in 6
Plymouth in 7

Plymouth's home ice advantage will definitely help them. Owen Sound finished one point higher in the standings.

bidzey*

Belleville in 6
Barrie in 7
London in 6
Plymouth in 7

Plymouth's home ice advantage will definitely help them. Owen Sound finished one point higher in the standings.

Plymouth had home ice advantage... that was taken away... for now.
Everybody is picking Plymouth against OS... hmm... well I hope you're all wrong.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012
If Owen Sound had game 7 at home, I would say that they would win the series. I'm still sticking with Plymouth in 7, but I wouldn't be shocked to see OS to take this. They did finish with more points, after all.

Knights lead the series 3-1. What a nail biter tonight!

I didn't see one prediction saying Barrie in 4. Totally unexpected. Assuming Belleville finishes off the Wolves, it'll be the Bulls and Colts.

I'm liking the Colts high-end offense in this. It'll be a great series, for sure.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad