Playoff Opponent

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
This is why the Caps need to avoid the Flyers.

Agreed. I see a lot of garbage in their game with a fair bit of diving to balance it out. Have a feeling refs will try to even up the PPs no matter what which gives them an edge if they play that way.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
dont care how hot or how good they are. if zatkoff is starting game 1, pens arent going anywhere

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So many banged up players in the East. Caps need to stay healthy this weekend.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Islanders should have no reason to want to finish third in the Metro, so I imagine even if the Flyers lose today they will almost surely win tomorrow.

The Flyers are a tough team and are certainly dirty, but the Capitals are just as tough and should be able to beat them. The key is to get off to a quick start in the series in potentially put it away in fewer than 7 games to limit the amount of physical abuse taken. They absolutely cannot lay an egg like they did Game 1 against the Isles last year.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Seriously. It would almost be better to have something stupid like the #1 seed literally choosing who they want to play and down the line to create the brackets.

I like it. The current system seems more complicated and dynamic than it needs to be. Watching the standings anytime before the last weekend of the season to eyeball potential opponents requires an advanced math degree.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
dont care how hot or how good they are. if zatkoff is starting game 1, pens arent going anywhere

I want to say yes but come on now, this is our luck with the Pens. He will become the hottest goalie of the playoffs and take them all the way. Just to shove it in our faces.

Maybe it's because I am a Browns fan too :laugh:

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Caps VS Flyers.

Not the end of the world. Caps were 2-0-2 VS them this year I think.

Going to be intense series though. I'd love to get Boston as they're on a worst skid than the Caps - but is what it is.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium

murray injury

That's why I don't want to play against Flyers in the 1st round, too early to have half of the team on the injury list, if you want to go to the final.

But their play is ****.
We won 2 times in regulation, they beat us 3-on-3 and in SO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad