GDT: Playoff Odds are Shrinking: Your New Jersey Devils vs. St. Louis Blues, 7 PM EST, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Had to dvir the game ...Saw some highlights looked Like St Louis took a book out of our playbook or were Devils much better?...Does this mean Fitz is planning a cup parade trade deadline?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Had to dvir the game ...Saw some highlights looked Like St Louis took a book out of our playbook or were Devils much better?...Does this mean Fitz is planning a cup parade trade deadline?
Devils were in control the entire time. Devils PK was the only bad spot. That’s literally all the chances the Blues created, on the PP. The one goal against was due to a clearing going off the refs nuts and the devils getting pinned afterwards. Besides that, complete domination at even strength for the majority of the game.

Moneypuck had expected goals under 1 for Blues tonight at 5 v 5

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
He played fairly regular shifts. Did nothing of note, but apparently intimidated St. Louis.
I might be wrong, but to me so far it seems like a good thing to have him in the lineup. Somehow, both Florida and St Louis as heavier teams didn't look as "dirty" or "nasty" like they did in games in the past. But let's see what happens in the Ranger game and if Trouba does his dirty stuff like usually or if he thinks twice.

Reactions: NJDevs26

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
I missed the whole game. Fell asleep around 7pm and woke up at 3am.
I missed the first period but they played well tonight. Daws didn't have to do a ton in net but he made a few big stops. Especially when it was a 2 to 1 game. Also as you can tell Meier was a beast tonight. Probably his best game as a Devil. If he can just bring this play style more often next season then I see him getting back to a 65 to 70 point player , which is what this team really needed this season. The injury earlier in the year really messed with his game but he looks much better latley.

Also Jack might of only has a secondary assist (it was a good one) but he could of quite easily had a few goals tonight in the first half of the game.

Reactions: JimEIV

captainscott2

Feb 23, 2024
I might be wrong, but to me so far it seems like a good thing to have him in the lineup. Somehow, both Florida and St Louis as heavier teams didn't look as "dirty" or "nasty" like they did in games in the past. But let's see what happens in the Ranger game and if Trouba does his dirty stuff like usually or if he thinks twice.
You’re not wrong. It’s night say other teams are not gonna hit. They will. As a player it’s nice to know the dude is there. All the people that think guys like that are a waste are totally wrong. They have a role.

Reactions: NjdevilfanJim

NjdevilfanJim

Jan 26, 2020
Devils were in control the entire time. Devils PK was the only bad spot. That’s literally all the chances the Blues created, on the PP. The one goal against was due to a clearing going off the refs nuts and the devils getting pinned afterwards. Besides that, complete domination at even strength for the majority of the game.

Moneypuck had expected goals under 1 for Blues tonight at 5 v 5
Thank you

I missed the whole game. Fell asleep around 7pm and woke up at 3am.
You were the jinx all along who knew🤣

Reactions: JimEIV

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
IMG_5476.jpeg

We’re nearly there. The lead singer/guitarist and keyboard player are carrying the Swiss Squad these days. The bassist will get there soon.

We might need to make Daws an honorary Swissman and rotate at drummer. :laugh: Hope Schmid gets some opportunity to regain his confidence up here, but I don’t know if we want to risk losing his waiver eligibility.

MakoSlade

Nov 17, 2005
New York City
Do you think guys are afraid of others like that?
I believe players will weigh cost-benefit for sure. It may not be worth it to hunt the big hits if there are consequences. All that Hischier-Florida BS last year ended when Haula fought someone. And Brady Tkachuk shut his mouth after Wood fought him last year.

That's one of the biggest reasons we need to harden up. And I think it will be a priority. The opposition needs to know there ae consequences.

Reactions: Whaddagoal
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad