Playoff Matchups

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
I don't understand the "they're not good individually" argument either. Brodie's been a top pairing solid defensive player for years, Muzzin has always been good defensively as well. Holl has taken a huge step forward the past couple years. Rielly is adequate defensively and a big net positive because of his offensive game. Dermott's better than Poolman and Beaulieu.

Bogosian is Bogosian.
Brodie has been fantastic. Muzzin has looked pretty horrific in the games I’ve seen. Slow skater, brain dead decision making. But maybe I’ve only gotten his five or six worst games this year, i did catch most of him when he was just getting back from injury. Rielly is his typical self: great offensively, a train wreck defensively. Holl looks very good but is still prone to mistakes. Bogo shouldn’t even be in the league at this point. Dermott would probably be in our top 4 but isn’t necessarily a good defenseman ...

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Brodie has been fantastic. Muzzin has looked pretty horrific in the games I’ve seen. Slow skater, brain dead decision making. But maybe I’ve only gotten his five or six worst games this year, i did catch most of him when he was just getting back from injury. Rielly is his typical self: great offensively, a train wreck defensively. Holl looks very good but is still prone to mistakes. Bogo shouldn’t even be in the league at this point. Dermott would probably be in our top 4 but isn’t necessarily a good defenseman ...

eh, why "shouldn't he be?"

the guy refused to report to the minors, then buffalo released him. subsequently, tampa signed him, only to go on and win the stanley cup. he played in twenty games, played how ever many minutes per game and played pretty well, including contributing defensively and offensively.

the claim that you wrote just seems awfully off target.

it's funny. the thrashers/jets have had several players, who were traded (or left), only to go to a team to contribute and win at least one stanley cup, yet one of these guys such as bogosian, "shouldn't even be in the league."

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016

the guy refused to report to the minors, then buffalo released him. subsequently, tampa signed him, only to go on and win the stanley cup. he played in twenty games, played how ever many minutes per game and played pretty well, including contributing defensively and offensively.

it's funny. the thrashers/jets have had several players, who were traded (or left), only to go to a team to contribute and win at least one stanley cup, yet one of these guys such as bogosian, "shouldn't even be in the league."
Bogo was pretty awful in the playoffs. Hedman carried him like crazy. If he were here still, he’d be getting the same kinda shit Beaulieu does.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Dear Hockey God or Gods

Over the years you haven’t been kind to the Jets in the NHL playoffs. I was hoping that this year you could throw us a bone of sorts and allow us to win the North division. This appears to be a once in a lifetime event where we could gain bragging rights over some rivals. The Banner in our rafters would be a constant reminder of when we were crowned best team in Canada.

thank you very much and have a great weekend

ps

(a self proclaimed spokesperson for HFJets fans)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia

Bogosian put up 4 fricken points in their playoff run. Give me a break. Guy is a borderline NhLer at this point. He was just a lowly depth piece on an otherwise stacked roster that has maybe two or three defensemen better then our best. What a stupid argument. He won a Cup! Oh man he must be good!

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Bogo was pretty awful in the playoffs. Hedman carried him like crazy. If he were here still, he’d be getting the same kinda shit Beaulieu does.

according to you, he was. according to others and, maybe, an objective assessment, he was not. also, your claim about "hedman carrying him" is highly dubious and lacking support.

pahleez. give me bogosian over beaulieu, demelo and forbort any day.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Bogosian put up 4 fricken points in their playoff run. Give me a break. Guy is a borderline NhLer at this point. He was just a lowly depth piece on an otherwise stacked roster that has maybe two or three defensemen better then our best. What a stupid argument. He won a Cup! Oh man he must be good!

he plays defense. why are you focusing on points? is that the sole determinant for offense and offensive contributions? can players not make passes before the technical assists among other plays such as keeping a puck from exiting the offensive zone, which constitute as offensive plays? again, the guy played defense. his defense should also be the main focus.

"borderline nhler" is awfully harsh and lacking evidence. that depth still allowed and contributed to the lightning winning the cup. moreover, depth is highly auspicious and necessary to go far in the stanley cup and to win it as well. you don't seem to be interested in logical discussion and examination as you've already decided your opinion and just try to manipulate premises to serve that opinion.

take your strawman fallacy for example. I never wrote the argument that "he won a cup; therefore, he must be good," yet you wrote that I did indeed post that and that it was "stupid." The argument might be illogical, which it is, but it is not "stupid." additionally, it is a distortion of my post and argument to another poster.

your post is also lacking in etiquette, especially for a mod, but that's no surprise.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Just goes to show demelo is under appreciated I’d take demelo over any of those guys.

I don't think that my perspective of him is "underappreciated," but rather accurate of his play... just my humble opinion. also, just to clarify, I'm not equating his play with the play of beaulieau and/or forbort, I'm just asserting that I'd take bogosian over him (just to put that in writing in case someone happens to distort that.)

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
played pretty well, including contributing defensively and offensively.

he plays defense. why are you focusing on points?

You said he contributed. Not me. 4 points in 20 games ain’t much. I guess it’s ok when you’re the #6 on an absolutely stacked defense playing 17 mins a night.

Hell the only regular defenseman on their team to play less pk time then him was Shattenkirk who doesn’t even pk.

Hell he barely had a positive goal differential at even strength.

Reactions: snowkiddin

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
You said he contributed. Not me. 4 points in 20 games ain’t much. I guess it’s ok when you’re the #6 on an absolutely stacked defense playing 17 mins a night.

Hell the only regular defenseman on their team to play less pk time then him was Shattenkirk who doesn’t even pk.

Hell he barely had a positive goal differential at even strength.

I did write that he "contributed," yet you seem to be ignoring the definition of "contribution." I also said both "offensively and defensively." I even elaborated upon (offensive) "contributions" in this context in my previous post. Your post seems to consist of at least one fallacy, which would be cherry picking. Points are not the sole determinant for contributions. If you are of the opinion that they are, that is another topic to discuss.

Haha, man, I'm not claiming the guy is a top defenseman. When you write the statements about "four points in 40 games" and "it's ok..." I would agree. That's kind of the point of contributing as a depth player, but again, the act of focusing on points is unreasonable since it is only one aspect (of at least several.)

You seem to be far too caught up on the four points.

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
I almost think that you're the one trolling. Otherwise, the only other explanation is that you believe all that stuff you posted about Bogo. :laugh:

nah, I'm not. I'm simply sharing my opinions about Bogosian, but you join the convo and immediately start trolling, then try to project that I am trolling while denying that you are.

nice fail.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
nah, I'm not. I'm simply sharing my opinions about Bogosian, but you join the convo and immediately start trolling, then try to project that I am trolling while denying that you are.

nice fail.
No, see, I joined the conversation to post an opinion that you are way too defensive about a very mediocre player. Not my fault you took it so hard!

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
No, see, I joined the conversation to post an opinion that you are way too defensive about a very mediocre player. Not my fault you took it so hard!

negative. you just posted, "Bogo's mom posted on hf. Can't see anyone else who would defend him to this degree!"

that's blatant trolling. now, you're still projecting and doing so about being defensive.

it's ok.

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
negative. you just posted, "Bogo's mom posted on hf. Can't see anyone else who would defend him to this degree!"

that's blatant trolling. now, you're still projecting and doing so about being defensive.

it's ok.
Well, at least I got you to go several posts without telling us how misunderstood of a player he is, despite, you know, quite a bit of evidence to the contrary!

Reactions: TEH FIRST NOEL

TEH FIRST NOEL

Jan 31, 2021
PAUL MAURICE'S LUGGAGE
Well, at least I got you to go several posts without telling us how misunderstood of a player he is, despite, you know, quite a bit of evidence to the contrary!

you'd like to have the perspective that you "got me" to do any action. I'm merely responding to you as you seem fixated on replying since you joined in with an initially trolling post (in order to falsely claim that you haven't and appear "innocently.") you'll probably just keep going in vain.

also, I never claimed that he is "misunderstood," but thanks again for distorting what I wrote and doing so condescendingly. you might have whatever opinion that you have of him; I don't care... I just happen to disagree that the is "not an nhl player" and/or is a "borderline nhl player," yet my posts seem to bother you to the point of having some pointless bickering on the internet. (also, you posted no evidence.)

again, have a fantastic night!

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
you'd like to have the perspective that you "got me" to do any action. I'm merely responding to you as you seem fixated on replying since you joined in with an initially trolling post (in order to falsely claim that you haven't and appear "innocently.") you'll probably just keep going in vain.

also, I never claimed that he is "misunderstood," but thanks again for distorting what I wrote and doing so condescendingly. you might have whatever opinion that you have of him; I don't care... I just happen to disagree that the is "not an nhl player" and/or is a "borderline nhl player," yet my posts seem to bother you to the point of having some pointless bickering on the internet. (also, you posted no evidence.)

again, have a fantastic night!
Man, if you really think I'm trolling, you are amazingly easy to reel in. :D

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
according to you, he was. according to others and, maybe, an objective assessment, he was not. also, your claim about "hedman carrying him" is highly dubious and lacking support.

pahleez. give me bogosian over beaulieu, demelo and forbort any day.
Lol.

Your argument is basically “your assessment is wrong” which is ironic considering you say my argument lacks support despite having nothing to back up yours whatsoever.

Forbort and DeMelo are both miles better than Bogo; him and Beaulieu are a wash.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I don’t love or fear any first round match up. Anyone of these teams can beat us and vice versa. Our team is decent but flawed as are the other teams in our division. “If” Toronto gets solid goaltending then they are the favourite IMO.

One thing is for sure. The stakes feel a lot higher because losing to Vegas or St Louis comes with less ribbing and tormenting.

Last edited:
Reactions: snowkiddin

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be a significant upset if we beat the Leafs or Oilers in a series...and I really think it would boil down to Helly playing great (like .950-.960 great) and the Jets winning special teams. 5 on 5 we are in a lot of trouble when we play those two teams.

I think one low key deadline move we could make is to add a top 9 winger and move Stastny to the middle for the playoff push. Also could see us swapping Appleton and Stastny to make an ultra shut down line. Maurice has to play them though.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
It would be a significant upset if we beat the Leafs or Oilers in a series...and I really think it would boil down to Helly playing great (like .950-.960 great) and the Jets winning special teams. 5 on 5 we are in a lot of trouble when we play those two teams.

I think one low key deadline move we could make is to add a top 9 winger and move Stastny to the middle for the playoff push. Also could see us swapping Appleton and Stastny to make an ultra shut down line. Maurice has to play them though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad