Speculation: Playoff matchup discussion

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Im in the boat of I dont care who they play. I would rather the Avs have home ice because they dominate at home but as far as matchups you are going to get a hard out in that first round regardless. Its also going to be even harder in the second round. If the Avs dont make it to the the third round its a failed season imo. I say this with the hopes that they will be fully healthy by the playoffs.

Me as well. Everyone is talking about how they don't want to face the Wild. I get it, they're hot right now. But all I can think of is how sweet it would be to beat the Wild in the playoffs.

What's better than winning the Cup? Beating the Wild and then winning the Cup.

Reactions: The Kingslayer

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It is possible Gru gets all the starts until the end. He is rested now and because of the North division going a week longer our division should get at least 2 or 3 days rest before they start the playoffs so Gru could get his rest there to get ready. Not ideal but I think Bednar will consider it. I think it will depend on how busy Gru is in the first games of those B2B. If the shot count can be kept relatively low I don't see why Gru can't start the second games.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Don't worry, Minnesota will give Vegas a good test... in round 2...

Wait....wut? Naw fam...MacK's got this.

As for the seeding discussion, the only way I can see it is like this...I'm a die hard Avalanche fan. I WANT them to win every game. It's nice that we have a team again that when healthy, I can actually EXPECT to win every night. So seeding be damned, I will always root for the Avs to win and for whoever is above or nipping at our heels to lose, but as far as the playoffs go, winning the Cup is so tough some might have a little easier first round but I remember the Oilers bouncing us early. Easier path doesn't really mean much.

We'll have to win 4 rounds no matter what and we've got a great team.

bring. it.

Last edited:

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
The wild wont be an easy out, but if the Avs get healthy before game one and stay healthy I think the wild would need some crazy puck luck to win a seven game series. Find a way to shut down Krill the Thrill and the Avs should be fine, they took the regular season series 5-2-1 and are deeper and significantly more skilled than the wild.

Honestly, St Louis worries me more as as first round matchup. They look like they're starting to figure it out and ROR is an proven Avs killer.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Still prefer a matchup with the Blues over Minni.

The Wild are right there with the Avs and Vegas. They’re a deep team that’s playing their best hockey of the season.

Either way though, Colorado won’t have an easy matchup.

Reactions: missionAvs

letsgoavs1921

Jul 26, 2006
The wild wont be an easy out, but if the Avs get healthy before game one and stay healthy I think the wild would need some crazy puck luck to win a seven game series. Find a way to shut down Krill the Thrill and the Avs should be fine, they took the regular season series 5-2-1 and are deeper and significantly more skilled than the wild.

Honestly, St Louis worries me more as as first round matchup. They look like they're starting to figure it out and ROR is an proven Avs killer.
That's what I've been saying. The wild are a similar version of us but not as good at it

Would take a big goaltending mismatch to beat us if we are healthy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad