GDT: Playoff Games Around The League (2014) III - Stanley Cup Edition

joseph_kerr

Apr 14, 2007
This is a one round team and it has been since Jumbo came here. Those back to back wcf's were nothing but a setback for this franchise. They made this team seem like something they weren't when all it really was was lucking into meeting the one elite team in the second round that we could beat when it mattered.

Wilson might have seen the futility of putting his hopes on Joe and co a few years earlier if it weren't for those Wings matchups.

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
i know a lot of us are thinking that it could have been us last night hoisting the cup if we had gotten 1 more game against the kings. but the more i think about it, the more i feel like we never had a chance to begin with. all 3 West series the kings were involved in went to 7 games. All 4 of the hawks, kings, ducks, sharks, are almost equally good, which is why they all went 7 games. we knew that going into the playoffs that the parity between these teams was very, very slim. if we went to 3 game 7's in a row against these teams, we may have won one, we may have even won two, but knowing our team, there was pretty much no chance in hell that we win 3 game 7's in a row. we were oh so close to beating the kings, but that was probably gonna be it. makes me feel a bit better thinking of it that way haha

Agreed.

But let's hope DW knows this as well. And doesn't just keep the same team thinking "oh if LA won, that means we're right there"

jcwla

Oct 11, 2006
um...

what in hell would Couture or any other San Jose Shark know about how it feels to play in a Stanley Cup Final, except by hearing about it from guys who've done it on other teams?

A team like the Buffalo Bills is viewed in an ignominious light by some, but there is real achievement and great strength of character in making so many Super Bowls in such short order. Many, many rungs below that are talent-rich teams like the Sharks, Blues, etc. who have become synonymous with playoff futility.

HOOCH2173

That HOOCH is Crazy!
Nov 24, 2009
Lake Forest
oh those bandwagon fans in LA! This is why we don't wear heals on the ice ladies!

faceplant1.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad