GDT: Playoff Games Around The League (2014) III - Stanley Cup Edition

SJSharks408

Apr 13, 2012
San Jose
Do you think the Kings were winning the Cup without Doughty?

Hell no! We weren't winning the cup without Vlasic but we should have still won 1/4 against LA. It's not just Vlasic being injured that hurt us. We lack defensive depth. If we beat LA, maybe Vlasic could have recovered in time for a few games into the next series against the Ducks.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Yeah because the Sharks current AARP leadership group did such a great job when the team came apart at the seams.

Last time I checked Couture was on that team. And his version of leadership was to break his hand on Mike Richards' face. Pavelski was good in game 7. And Vlasic was only involved in one loss. I'm with LZ.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Can we fast forward to our cup? I want to see my children's children.

and I'm 19 :cry:

Have a boy now, look at his body through an X-Ray, and his young children will be swimming around inside him. Because we have a serious chance to win it in the next 3 years.

Couture has no ****in leadership, he's a little baby. He whines about everything and his track record in junior never shows him winning as a captain, while Pavelski and Vlasic's do. I'm about as anti-Pavelski as anybody on this site but he would be a better captain than Couture.

How is it leadership when Couture whines about his feelings on Twitter? What about that means he should be captain? He's a great player but let's not overrate him. We're quickly going to be a lottery team if we trade Marleau and Thornton and make him captain and put him against top comp by himself without daddy patty.He's great but he's not our next captain, Vlasic is. At least, he should be...

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I won't even argue against the choker label, maybe in past years, but not after that showing.

SHAR KS

Choking Hazard
Dec 7, 2011
Have a boy now, look at his body through an X-Ray, and his young children will be swimming around inside him. Because we have a serious chance to win it in the next 3 years.

Only if Chicago and La move to the EC, then maybe just maybe the sharks will make a finals appearance.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I won't even argue against the choker label, maybe in past years, but not after that showing.

You think Kings would've won if Torres took out Doughty instead of Stoll taking out Vlasic?

Only if Chicago and La move to the EC, then maybe just maybe the sharks will make a finals appearance.

Neither of those teams are as good as a Sharks team with a couple of defensive improvements. I don't know what to tell you guys.

It sucks to see LA win but this is good for the Sharks by all means.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
We're closer to that cup than most pessimistic fans think...chins up guys n gals...Sharks will be relentless next year, I can feel it

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Let's look at the positives here.

-Chicago and New York didn't win, meaning they will both be in on Thornton, increasing the market for Thornton.
-Wilson may realize the importance of a mobile defense, especially when seeing how the less mobile defensemen almost cost LA the first round

I just hope he tries to copy Chicago and not copy LA.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
rossmckeon 10:07pm via Twitter Web Client

Once thought a West Coast team couldn't win the Cup because of extensive travel, @LAKings and @AnaheimDucks have won three of the last eight

Oppa

#
Oct 31, 2011
I have no problem saying that they're the best tbh, I'm more pissed that the team in teal let it happen

Zeroz

Frightened Inmate #2
Jul 20, 2011
Oregon
I'm completely neutral about the possibility of Couture being captain. I still cannot get over the fact that dustin brown has won multiple cups being a captain. Almost leads me to believe it makes no difference who wears the "C," I'm dumb struck right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad