Playoff elimination (or miraculous entry) thread: The magic number is now 0

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Would be great for his development to try to carry an AHL team into and through the playoffs as a 20 year old.

Do you know what the rule is exactly?

I believe a player need to had been sent down, even a paper transaction, before the end of the trade deadline. IIRC, in this case, Habs would have had to send Suzuki down before that 3pm Monday.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Would be great for his development to try to carry an AHL team into and through the playoffs as a 20 year old.

Do you know what the rule is exactly?

An NHL-contracted player must be on the roster of the AHL team at the deadline to qualify for the AHL playoffs. This rule does not affect players added to the AHL team via ATO, PTO or AHL contracts, or players recalled from loan to other leagues.

Now I wasn't paying much attention during the TDL, but I don't think the Habs made the necessary paper move to make Suzuki eligible for the AHL playoffs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
An NHL-contracted player must be on the roster of the AHL team at the deadline to qualify for the AHL playoffs. This rule does not affect players added to the AHL team via ATO, PTO or AHL contracts, or players recalled from loan to other leagues.

Now I wasn't paying much attention during the TDL, but I don't think the Habs made the necessary paper move to make Suzuki eligible for the AHL playoffs.

Can he be sent down even if he doesn't plsy in the playoffs?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He can play regular season games, afaik.

But the chance for that to happen are pretty much zero.

Yeah, this post was one of those what i would do, not what i think will happen. Again, I'm in diaagreement with management. They should have made the paper transaction at the deadline to have suzuki eligible for the Ahl playoffs. It's a no brainer move to keep all options open.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Habs have 71 in 71.

11 x 2 = 22 + 71 = 93.

97 - 93 = -4

Habs need to remove 2 of their loses and win all 11 games left to hit the magic number.

The magic number is -2

MB is miss evaluating his core again because unless they get very lucky or that Suzuki immediately becomes a super star, Habs will, at best, get a quick 1st round exit next year.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Habs have 71 in 71.

11 x 2 = 22 + 71 = 93.

97 - 93 = -4

Habs need to remove 2 of their loses and win all 11 games left to hit the magic number.

The magic number is -2

MB is miss evaluating his core again because unless they get very lucky or that Suzuki immediately becomes a super star, Habs will, at best, get a quick 1st round exit next year.

Accurate but I do think he makes some moves this summer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad