Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion .[ MOD warning in the OP ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Caufield EARNED his playoff spot with his play, while Stall has not. Period.
Caufield has not really earned anything in my opinion, he can shoot a puck better than most guys on the team but he has plenty of flaws and only has a handful of NHL games under his belt. Staal should not play instead of KK, it doesn't make sense, he is here today and gone tomorrow whereas KK is our center of the future or at least he was. MB's neck is on the line and he will stop at nothing to save it but as we all know, the outcome is inevitable. We are not good enough and no matter who we play or don't play won't really matter.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Lmao, and yet Staals first game, 2nd line C and KK pushed to the wing.
KK has played like crap the passed month and a half there's no disputing that, but please with the "it's 100% on KK" , that's just stupid I'm sorry.
Suzuki and Evans haven’t seemed to mind. But Staal acquisition just somehow only ruined KK. Hmmmm

Reactions: aresknights

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Come on, man. Dino simply corrected you. Own up to it instead of creating a strawman.
So, the Habs drafted a mid first rounder that has played five games and is now considered a success. I stand corrected. What about Juulsen, Scherbak, McCarron, Tinordi, Galchenyuk (top 3 pick here), LeBlanc, Beaulieu? Oh, may I add, the successful ones are playing under different skies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Can't wait til Thursday. Huge Dawgs but take it as a challenge!
No matter who plays......we are still huge Dawgs. I just want a couple players rotated in if there is a poor team performance. If not ride the lineup that plays well.
No matter who sits the boo birds will be out in full force.
Practice early in the week will let us know what's up.

Reactions: Roadhouse

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Can't wait til Thursday. Huge Dawgs but take it as a challenge!
No matter who plays......we are still huge Dawgs. I just want a couple players rotated in if there is a poor team performance. If not ride the lineup that plays well.
No matter who sits the boo birds will be out in full force.
Practice early in the week will let us know what's up.

Its a win / lose for the fans in Montreal. If they get smoked by the Leafs, Bergy is done. Great for the fans. If they take the Leafs to 7 games, or somehow win, Bergy gets an extension, bad for the fans long term.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Suzuki and Evans haven’t seemed to mind. But Staal acquisition just somehow only ruined KK. Hmmmm

Why would it do anything to Suzuki ? He's the most important forward on the team and was used as such. He was never in danger of losing his spot.

As for Evans, he went scoreless for 5 games and minus 4 after the trade. He probably looked his worst all year during that stretch. Then, he was benched. If anything, the rest probably helped him recharge his batteries as the schedule was insane. But, I don't think this was the grand plan here, waiting for Byron to be injured.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If the habs beat the leafs, they will make it to the conference finals.

they can beat one of the oilers or jets. I’m not sure if they can stop Toronto’s offense for 7 games, or even match their offense for 7 games,

Reactions: Roadhouse

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
Staal probably put aside his NMC to play here with a guarantee that he plays every game. No way they sit him.

"If you want loyalty, buy a dog"
--MB

This season feels like 09-10.

Major off season changes, highly touted rookie coming at season end, regular season split between two goalies, barely making postseason, new coach albeit in 09 Martin came before season started, facing an offensive dynamo with questionable D in 1st round, Matthews = Ovechkin, in 2nd round might be McDavid=Crosby

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Evans had 12 days off and played 7 less games during the 24 in 42 games, I wonder how much that helped.

no one should say KK is ruined, he had a terrible April/May, that's it.
I agree, no one should be saying KK is ruined, I was being sarcastic. Kid just needs to be better. Hopefully the rest does him some good.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
DD will roll with whoever he thinks gives him the best chance to win. And whoever it is will be on a short leash. If he does in fact start the series with Staal, expect KK to get back in there is Staal continues to play uninspired hockey.
The bolded part is the problem. There is no justification for Staal to start the series based on his play. I know KK hasn't been good but, Staal has been downright horrible.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The bolded part is the problem. There is no justification for Staal to start the series based on his play. I know KK hasn't been good but, Staal has been downright horrible.
I’ve mentioned this a few times, but better to start Staal and yank him for Kotkaniemi than the other way around.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I’ve mentioned this a few times, but better to start Staal and yank him for Kotkaniemi than the other way around.
I know you've mentioned it but there's no justification for Staal to be playing over KK, ever. The guy is horrible and KK's worst is still better than what Staal showed.
I would start KK and not pull him because I know the alternative is much, much worse.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I know you've mentioned it but there's no justification for Staal to be playing over KK, ever. The guy is horrible and KK's worst is still better than what Staal showed.
I would start KK and not pull him because I know the alternative is much, much worse.
If you start KK and he struggles off the bat you’ve put him in a terrible position.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
If you start KK and he struggles off the bat you’ve put him in a terrible position.

...and if you don't, you run the risk of killing any confidence the kid has left...which is terrible for the team for years to come...let him work his way through this bump in the road...it's not like we're Cup favorites anyways...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal

Man, you obviously cannot comprehend this Staal situation can you. they are NEVER. GOING. TO. SIT. HIM. as long as he's here
You and the idiot coach and even dumber GM would rather obviously start the 36 year old UFA because of who he USED to be
Ducharme doesnt have the stones to EVER come close to ever not starting the entitled Staal for the playoffs because his job is on the line
KK started the playoffs last year and played just fine, but we're a year later and hes had a rough end to the season ever SINCE they acquired Staal which bumped him all over the line up, and now thanks to the GM there's "no more room" for him and are forced to play the slow, old, -31 Center who has clearly reached the twilight of his career and was clearly a reason buffalo struggled because "hey, its mother f***ing Eric Staal guys!"

Meanwhile, we already know KK can play in the playoffs, weve SEEN it, maybe the week off is enough to recharge his 20 yr old batteries and see him fly out there but no...instead youd rather roll with literally the worst player on the team..
Any discussion about KK is literally pointless with you since you're a Hughes guy anyway and always will be from the looks of it

We all already know whats going to happen tho, "you win" basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad