Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion .[ MOD warning in the OP ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
We’re officially in. Gotta assume against the Leafs. As much as this board loves to self hate, knocking the Leafs out will be well worth everything.

Guys , Whe're in the playoffs . Get onboard and please keep the frustration you may have about the owner, GM and/or the Coach for another time.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
The key to me is getting better goaltending. We’ve actually played the leafs pretty well this year, but greasy goals against have killed us.

Reactions: David25

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
We are just realistic, there is no way in hell we beat the Leafs. Unless Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Rielly forget how to play hockey overnight.

Accept that we are not good enough and you will feel much better.
Playoff hockey is a different beast. That's why Blue jackets beat Tampa.

Toronto has a lot of soft players and ? goaltending. They can be beat.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
We are just realistic, there is no way in hell we beat the Leafs. Unless Matthews, Marner, Tavares, Rielly forget how to play hockey overnight.

I'm not expecting to beat them. But bigger upsets regularly happen.

If we're healthy and rested we do have a chance.

Reactions: Canadienna

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Playoff hockey is a different beast. That's why Blue jackets beat Tampa.

Toronto has a lot of soft players and ? goaltending. They can be beat.

Any team can beat any other team on a given night, nature of the Beast...it's just a much easier equation beating us as it is beating them in a 7-game series...if we want to have any chance at beating the Laffs, then we have to emulate exactly what Columbus did to them in the Bubble:

- High-Pressure Spotless Defence...hit the living shyte outta them and constant pressure; make them make mistakes by smothering them

- High-Quality Goaltending...we need Prime Price to show up for a bit

- Opportunistic Offense...bury every opportunity cuz there probably won't be too many; we'll be too busy defending most of the time

mols47

Mar 10, 2011

Same ppl that said we had no shot against Pens last year unless Crosby, Malkin, Letang etc forgot how to play hockey overnight. Yea the Pens team that just finished 1st in their division. Same crowd against other Bruins, Pens, Caps teams when we were underdogs...

Reactions: peate

CAUFIELD

Oct 16, 2015
I know we don’t have the best team. STILL f*** the leafs . I can’t stand their fans. Whiny babies.

that being said; The leafs are good, but i have doubts in Campbell. He looks to have a poor technic sometimes.

we need Weber, Price, Gallagher and Danault 100% to have a chance

Last edited:

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
I'm not expecting to beat them. But bigger upsets regularly happen.

If we're healthy and rested we do have a chance.

As usual, for Montreal every road to success passes by goalie standing on the head. Price was great last season, can he repeat? Our only chance at going anywhere.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Same ppl that said we had no shot against Pens last year unless Crosby, Malkin, Letang etc forgot how to play hockey overnight. Yea the Pens team that just finished 1st in their division. Same crowd against other Bruins, Pens, Caps teams when we were underdogs...

...so all we need is Hart-Trophy Price to show up??...no problem, we got this!!...:thumbu:

CristianoRonaldo

Apr 7, 2014
In your head

And we were right, excluding Crosby, the pens roster forget how to play hockey.

Reactions: iamtalbot

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And we were right, excluding Crosby, the pens roster forget how to play hockey.

Yeah I don’t remember the Pens dictating the play that series. They just stunk and lost any type of momentum they had from the regular season. Likely didn’t take the Habs seriously either. You know the Leafs will since there’s a natural hate already.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
We’re officially in. Gotta assume against the Leafs. As much as this board loves to self hate, knocking the Leafs out will be well worth everything.

I think the board is just emotional... Be it excessively negative or positive. Just seems negative these days because we've been stuck for so long under this terrible management situation.

Playoffs are exciting no matter what.
Playoffs vs the hated Laffs? Even better... At least until the series starts.

Getting swept or dominated, which seems quite likely, will suck. But until the puck drops, at least we have hope!

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Looking like the playoffs will start on May 19th in the North division. On the NHL app it now shows the Calgary-Vancouver game that day (the last one in the regular season) in the afternoon.

Getting a one week rest plus a lot of injured players back will be a big boost for the Habs, especially after playing 25 games in 44 days. Obviously the Leafs are favoured but the Habs could make it close.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->