Pre-Game Talk: Playoff Discussion .[ MOD warning in the OP ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Man, you obviously cannot comprehend this Staal situation can you. they are NEVER. GOING. TO. SIT. HIM. as long as he's here
You and the idiot coach and even dumber GM would rather obviously start the 36 year old UFA because of who he USED to be
Ducharme doesnt have the stones to EVER come close to ever not starting the entitled Staal for the playoffs because his job is on the line
KK started the playoffs last year and played just fine, but we're a year later and hes had a rough end to the season ever SINCE they acquired Staal which bumped him all over the line up, and now thanks to the GM there's "no more room" for him and are forced to play the slow, old, -31 Center who has clearly reached the twilight of his career and was clearly a reason buffalo struggled because "hey, its mother f***ing Eric Staal guys!"

Meanwhile, we already know KK can play in the playoffs, weve SEEN it, maybe the week off is enough to recharge his 20 yr old batteries and see him fly out there but no...instead youd rather roll with literally the worst player on the team..
Any discussion about KK is literally pointless with you since you're a Hughes guy anyway and always will be from the looks of it

We all already know whats going to happen tho, "you win" basically.
I got to play with a number of ex-NHLrs in beer leagues when I lived in Alberta, Staal is giving the same effort they did playing with the general public. Maybe they told KK to watch Staal to see how a pro works and copy that

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Ya Weber’s hands this year we’re his biggest issues. Constantly mishandled the puck. Almost good news as it means that issue wasn’t pure age catching up to him. Though certainly doesn’t help us for this year. But I guess the fact they are waiting until the off-season to have the surgery means he’ll get back in the lineup. Hopefully the time off allowed to heal somewhat.
Wrong. Weber's slow-ass skating has been his biggest issue. This was exacerbated by his hand injury.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Its a win / lose for the fans in Montreal. If they get smoked by the Leafs, Bergy is done. Great for the fans. If they take the Leafs to 7 games, or somehow win, Bergy gets an extension, bad for the fans long term.

Disagree. I'll leave it at that.

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I’m looking forward to a rejuvenated Staal, been resting since beginning of January so should have a lot left in the tank

He looks like he's just going through the motions most of the time. We'd need him to drink a few cans of Jolt Cola before every game. Maybe that'll give him some energy.

zDnOQr.gif

TheHabs BruinRipper

Mar 4, 2015
ontario
Caufield has not really earned anything in my opinion, he can shoot a puck better than most guys on the team but he has plenty of flaws and only has a handful of NHL games under his belt. Staal should not play instead of KK, it doesn't make sense, he is here today and gone tomorrow whereas KK is our center of the future or at least he was. MB's neck is on the line and he will stop at nothing to save it but as we all know, the outcome is inevitable. We are not good enough and no matter who we play or don't play won't really matter.

I disagree on the Caufield not earning anything..He performed better than stall, in less games, but agree about KK. They always say the playoffs will be good for our young players..it will give them experience..Stall is gone next season..but KK and Caufield are here to stay. Win or lose, give them that valuable playoff experience, they will learn and grow no matter what from it, and will be better from it long term.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I disagree on the Caufield not earning anything..He performed better than stall, in less games, but agree about KK. They always say the playoffs will be good for our young players..it will give them experience..Stall is gone next season..but KK and Caufield are here to stay. Win or lose, give them that valuable playoff experience, they will learn and grow no matter what from it, and will be better from it long term.

and, importantly, give the team a better chance to succeed right now than the alternatives.

Reactions: OldCraig71

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Staal over Kotkaniemi after he's shown sweet f*** all this entire season with the Sabres and Habs is one thing, but sitting Caufield is probably the single most small minded loser bullshit you could possibly do. In what f***ing universe has Armia proven he deserves to play over Caufield.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad