In your dreams :p:

tumblr_luzvlpZxru1qzcuvq.gif

I just watched the movie for the 1st time last week lol

Not too bad

Holy Puck

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mar 7, 2007
Montreal
So many great ideas in this thread...very hard to pick one but ''Dive for 25'' has something about it.
Habbits & Walking Dead are awesome themes as well.
Poll..?

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
What about this?

Drive for 25/Old HAB(it)s die hard

Drive for 25 slide is our current player of choice.
Old HAB(it)s die hard slide is a former player hoisting the cup? Maybe one that plays a similar style to the current player?

Bermy

Jun 2, 2007
Houston
After I saw the picture Bloumeister posted on the first page in the Habs-Sabres PGT, I think "Habbits: An Unexpected Journey" would be a pretty good theme!

rwb

Jan 28, 2013
With respect to my previous post, I was thinking something like this:

Ignore my terrible gif-making and photoshop skills.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I like the Dive for 25 concept, but we need to decide what exactly would be on the avy.

Any ideas?

Dr Gonzo

#1 Jan Bulis Fan
Dec 13, 2009
Bat Country
I'm also a big fan of the MTL Drive for 25 theme.

Reasons

1) Not a fan of making our avi's for just one team, seems a little insecure in nature
2) The TV show ideas are great, but we will never nail down which one we want to go for, as is evidenced by this thread
3) Drive for 25 is the goal, it's all we should be worried about. Let the other teams worry about their diving and whining, we don't care for those kind of excuses.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I like the Dive for 25 concept, but we need to decide what exactly would be on the avy.

Any ideas?

Pictures of obvious penalties being taken against our players? :dunno:

Or maybe just find all the best troll smiles?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think we should either do something around dive for 25 or whining is coming. Pretty much every other post on the main board about the Habs is them whining about us diving (unless its about how PP points don't count as points).

Apr 1, 2006
Montreal
I'm also a big fan of the MTL Drive for 25 theme.

Reasons

1) Not a fan of making our avi's for just one team, seems a little insecure in nature
2) The TV show ideas are great, but we will never nail down which one we want to go for, as is evidenced by this thread
3) Drive for 25 is the goal, it's all we should be worried about. Let the other teams worry about their diving and whining, we don't care for those kind of excuses.

I agree with you. If I had to choose between 'Drive for 25' or 'Dive for 25', I'd choose the former. I'm not sure about voluntarily associating 'Dive' with the team, even if I understand it and on a certain level I find it funny. Plus, 'Drive' has some... well, drive.

almostjesus*

We should definitely do a Lord of the Rings/Hobbits theme considering the entire league still considers us small for some reason.

:laugh:

ZARTONK

Headscratcher!
Jul 4, 2008
Montreal
But didn't we do Drive for 25 like two years ago?

Like it or not, the story of the season is the embellishment and diving and all that crap....

Yep

Lighthearted
Sep 12, 2009
Planète XY 1000 Z
Unique season

I've been following the Habs since 1984 (born in 78) and I feel this season is unique in all kinds of way.

I don't remember being that confident and enthusiastic about my team and its future. It's been decades anyway.

Coming off a dreadful 2011-12 season and following many seasons of delusion and false hope, I think the contrast is quite unsettling. I almost feel satisfied toward this unexpected turn of events (I'm not, I want a cup, then another one, etc.). Like whatever happens from now on, anything can happen and I won't feel bad about the team anymore.

I believe hat strange combination of low expectation followed by unrestrained optimism could make for a quite pertinent theme for this year drive.

There are many ways to convey this. But I feel we should focus on the positive and on our team (in a exagerrated, absurd and funny manner?). We don't need to troll anymore to feel food about our team and cynism is definitely not the flavor of the month.

I could envision an avy theme around self-confidence (if funny) or one that echoes the general "feeling good" sentiment.

1pantsdownpee.jpg

Last edited:

almostjesus*

Got knocked out of the 1st round?

Bad ice, bro.

Embellishment?

Bad ice, bro.

Win the Stanley cup.

Bad ice, bro.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad