plekanec-thumb-250x235-10964-thumb-250x235-10965.jpg

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
iV3AvyT.gif

Yes ? No ?

(and yes, I'm aware it says 2012 on the Stanley Cup, logo for 2013 isn't out yet)

I'm Bloumeister, and I approve this avatar.

SOLD!

Great work, Jee :handclap:

You might want to use this logo instead (no year on it):

StanleyCupLogo.gif

I suggest you turn it into a B/W pic. It looks better in shades of grey than with the blue in the logo.

Got a few more ideas/suggestions that I'll PM you. Don't want to throw them out here and create more expectations... :sarcasm:

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
didnt think people were so insecure in here, I mean, DIVE for 25 ? B's references (Clode pic) ?

seriously...

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I would've liked something more centered around OUR team and not some misconception from another team... That we might not even face in the PO :dunno:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
I meant the whining is coming or diving theme. It's Bruins nation, not us:laugh:

What defines our team : Crazy fans, Overating/Underrating of our players, Rich history, crazy fans ....

Other than 'rich history', you're describing just about any fanbase of any sport.

All you need is a good catchphrase. Who cares if it was inspired by Julien, Tortorella, Bettman or John Ziegler?

'Whining Is Coming' IS a good catchphrase. 'Dive for 25' IS a good catchphrase. 'Learn Le French' WAS a good catchphrase. 'No Excuses' WAS a good catchphrase.

Again:

Some people provideth, other flingeth :D

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Again:

Some people provideth, other flingeth :D

And others seem to think that the creative folks here have nothing better to do than pound out avatars.

People need to remember that a lot of work goes into these and that folks have jobs, families, girlfriends and a billion other things going on in their lives. Three years back I spent quite a few nights churning out avatar concepts and avatars themselves. While it doesn't take much time to edit them once the template is done, there are a LOT to make.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has always been very appreciative of the time put in. But comments like: "WE JUST CLINCHED WHERE ARE MY AVATARS" are not exactly productive or motivating for anyone working on them.

With that said, I wanted to try both themes this week. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time because of OT and promotional side projects. I'll probably give it a shot this weekend just for kicks, hopefully I won't be too late to submit.

Anyway, we still have quite a bit of time before the playoffs start. I suggest we give anyone who wants to submit a design an actual deadline, have them submit their designs, open a poll once that deadline is passed and go with whatever wins.

Honestly, most designers I know work better when they have a deadline to respect and **** gets done.

EDIT: Not flinging anything at you Blou, your comment just gave me food for thought.

Last edited:

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
So we're going with the "Whining is coming" theme.

Right?

I'm kinda partial to 'Hump The Cup' myself :laugh:

l.jpg

#humpthecup

Seriously... I really like Jee's overall look. I don't agree with the 'catchphrase comes from another team' argument. I love the fact that the character is diving into a sea of Cups, inside some sort of vault no less. I have ideas of pics and 'shops that can be used.

But, to paraphrase my buddy roy munson, 'I'm just a poster here', so what the **** do I know?

With all the nutcases here (myself included), I don't see how we'll never be in agreement anyways... unless everyone takes their medication for the next few days :laugh:

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I'm kinda partial to 'Hump The Cup' myself :laugh:

l.jpg

#humpthecup

Seriously... I really like Jee's overall look. I don't agree with the 'catchphrase comes from another team' argument. I love the fact that the character is diving into a sea of Cups, inside some sort of vault no less. I have ideas of pics and 'shops that can be used.

But, to paraphrase my buddy roy munson, 'I'm just a poster here', so what the **** do I know?

With all the nutcases here (myself included), I don't see how we'll never be in agreement anyways... unless everyone takes their medication for the next few days :laugh:

I like the Jee one too, for the record.:laugh:

Can't we just have a poll to figure it out?

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
And others seem to think that the creative folks here have nothing better to do than pound out avatars.

People need to remember that a lot of work goes into these and that folks have jobs, families, girlfriends and a billion other things going on in their lives. Three years back I spent quite a few nights churning out avatar concepts and avatars themselves. While it doesn't take much time to edit them once the template is done, there are a LOT to make.

Don't get me wrong, everyone has always been very appreciative of the time put in. But comments like: "WE JUST CLINCHED WHERE ARE MY AVATARS" are not exactly productive or motivating for anyone working on them.

With that said, I wanted to try both themes this week. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time because of OT and promotional side projects. I'll probably give it a shot this weekend just for kicks, hopefully I won't be too late to submit.

Anyway, we still have quite a bit of time before the playoffs start. I suggest we give anyone who wants to submit a design an actual deadline, have them submit their designs, open a poll once that deadline is passed and go with whatever wins.

Honestly, most designers I know work better when they have a deadline to respect and **** gets done.

EDIT: Not flinging anything at you Blou, your comment just gave me food for thought.

And I wholeheartedly agree with you. I really enjoy making people laugh in here, and I don't mind the high risk/low reward of some of my 'shops. I'm having fun doing them. I know that MiG, Jee, roy and all the others do too. But they ARE time-consuming, and if people think that nitpicking helps, well, just find the 'hidden' post I made about an hour ago... :nod:

And with that, off to Jukebox for some tasty burgers :yo:

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
It's tax season, I've worked 60 hours already this week, and I'm going to be working tomorrow too... but I'll whip something up for you guys tonight and see if people like it.

I personally am going with a "No excuses" theme, and it will be short and sweet. I prefer to impress with art than wit.

On second thought, the "No excuses" theme doesn't work. This entire team has shown character all year, and it's hard to find instances (unless we go back to last year, which I refuse to do because it takes away emphasis from this year) to have Therrien tell them "No excuses!".

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad