Playoff Avatar Requests

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I agree with this sentiment. To be honest, I thought I was agreeing to do the avatars if my concept was chosen (I came up with the "Long Island loves" Toronto/Pajama mocking idea/design). I don't mind at all doing a design for the chosen concept, I just want to make sure that I'm representing the idea properly, since it wasn't my idea.

This was a misunderstanding by me then. If you do not feel comfortable doing the avatars I think it was @And You Feel Shame that came up with some ideas for this one. You do not have to do it.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Can I make a suggestion?

If you want to assign a designer for the avs, let that designer come up with their ideas for the theme and design given the input. It's not fair to RDC or any designer to dictate a theme, especially when they aren't necessarily familiar with the concept's origin.

In the past we've had a few people work on ideas (like DH's above) as part of the process. Then we've selected from those concepts.

Polls are great, but if the theme doesn't resonate with a designer, I'm not sure you're getting the best results.

Somebody else can do it. Like if you or someone else feel more comfortable feel free to do it. Richie was just one of the few posters who I had seen actually post an example when we started the poll.

I am sure nobody would care if @Richie Daggers Crime didn't want to do it and somebody else picked up on it.

Richie Daggers Crime

Boosted 9 times double masked they/them
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I am sure nobody would care if @Richie Daggers Crime didn't want to do it and somebody else picked up on it.

I just want to make sure I don't come off as petulant or that I'm abdicating because my concept wasn't chosen or that I misunderstood the request (I reread our conversation and I think it's my fault I misunderstood). Not at all.

I'll do something in the next few hours. Let you guys take a look and we can make a decision. I like @DarkHorse2 's idea, but I'm afraid the details/text get lost a little bit at avatar size.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

And You Feel Shame

Jul 31, 2007
I've seen that illustration of Trotz a few times. Did you make it? If not, do you know who did it? I'm not going to use work that other folks did unless it's explicitly requested by the creator that I should.
It's a piece by Grafix Joker (Joe Maracic (@GrafixJoker) | Twitter). I don't know if he has a presence on here or not, but I'm sure we can ask him directly on Twitter is he would mind its use or not.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
Can I make a suggestion?

If you want to assign a designer for the avs, let that designer come up with their ideas for the theme and design given the input. It's not fair to RDC or any designer to dictate a theme, especially when they aren't necessarily familiar with the concept's origin.

In the past we've had a few people work on ideas (like DH's above) as part of the process. Then we've selected from those concepts.

Polls are great, but if the theme doesn't resonate with a designer, I'm not sure you're getting the best results.

Um sir, this is an Internet Avatar not a German automobile. Pretty sure whatever we get is going to be fine.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
I don't know how RDC feels, but if you can include a decent size image of the person/player/thing with your request, it would save a lot of time.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Here's what I worked up. Let me know if this works.

7MmpZ3X.gif

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
Only note is the player name could be bigger, but I get that longer names (looking at your Beauvillier) will be a problem.

That's why I did it that way, but I suppose I can adjust according to length. I was kinda hoping to avoid that step when constructing the bulk, but you're right.

DarkHorse2

Feb 27, 2002
That's why I did it that way, but I suppose I can adjust according to length. I was kinda hoping to avoid that step when constructing the bulk, but you're right.
I have zero need for you to adjust per avatar. Do it one-size-fits-all.

Can always make Beauvillier Tito and Clutterbuck Cal C.

Richie Daggers Crime

Mar 8, 2004
Boise
I'll give it 'til this afternoon and if there's no objections or suggestions, I'll go ahead and build out a bunch and go through this thread for requests.

I do remember when I did it last time (Home Ice Advantage) that I just built out a bunch and let people choose from those, because it was based on snarky/self-depreciating humor and not players/concepts like these. So, if you didn't get a request last time, that's the reason... it was "Falling to your death" or "off center scoreboard", not "Scott Mayfield". So, if the request wasn't funny, it didn't fit the theme, and I didn't go with it. I hope that makes sense and I'm sorry if anyone took that personally. It wasn't my intention.

These are different, since they're just generic player/concept variations and the theme is specific and constant. So, I should be able to fulfill requests and photos. Just bear in mind that there's the mask of Long Island on the player slide, so if you want a specific photo, it has to conform to that mask (ie, don't choose a photo where the player's face is obstructed by the Long Island)

Reactions: And You Feel Shame

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad