Playoff AV

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I know it's maybe a weird thing to compare the two, but here goes:

2012 Rangers vs. 2014 Rangers

I feel the 2014 Rangers are a more balanced, more talented team than the 2012 team. Playing 12 forwards every game for 10-15 minutes is what gives us a huge advantage compared to 2012. Back then, our top guys were dead tired after clocking 25-30 minutes a game.

Just take a moment to compare the two:

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Anisimov-Prust
Mitchell-Boyle-Fedotenko

McD-G
Staal-Del Zotto
Bickel-Stralman

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Hagelin-Richards-St. Louis
Pouliot-Brassard-Zuccarello
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Klein

That is a big improvement and all O-lines are capable of playing their minutes.

Last edited:

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol

I feel the 2014 Rangers are a more balanced, more talented team than the 2012 team. Playing 12 forwards every game for 10-15 minutes is what gives us a huge advantage compared to 2012. Back then, our top guys were dead tired after clocking 25-30 minutes a game.

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Anisimov-Prust
Mitchell-Boyle-Fedotenko

McD-G
Staal-Del Zotto
Bickel-Stralman

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Klein

Torts wouldn't be playing Kreider or Zucc if he was still here. Also I don't see him rolling 3 consistent d pairings

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
Torts wouldn't be playing Kreider or Zucc if he was still here. Also I don't see him rolling 3 consistent d pairings

I doubt the first statement. He was a big Zucc fan, and would love the kind of game Kreids is playing now.

I think he'd be running 3 D men now, seeing as we don't have Stu on the team anymore.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011

Hagelin-Richards-Gaborik
Dubinsky-Stepan-Callahan
Kreider-Anisimov-Prust
Mitchell-Boyle-Fedotenko

McD-G
Staal-Del Zotto
Bickel-Stralman

Kreider-Stepan-Nash
Boyle-Moore-Dorsett

McD-G
Staal-Stralman
Moore-Klein

It's worth noting that 2012 version of Kreider and the 2014 version are about as far apart as the 2012 Richards and the 2014 Richards are.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
You forgot to say "bazinga" :)

Last year:

"He has certainly show us that he can get in on the forecheck. He looks quicker. We all know that he has offense. I just think that he feels more confident away from the puck and the biggest thing for me, for where I can keep putting him on the ice, is that he is getting to pucks and sustaining offense. He is a dangerous player with the puck. It’s his defending away and him getting to pucks and I think he done both of those a lot more consistently than when he was here before"

Also, I remember a certain " I love the little ****" quote.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Last year:

"He has certainly show us that he can get in on the forecheck. He looks quicker. We all know that he has offense. I just think that he feels more confident away from the puck and the biggest thing for me, for where I can keep putting him on the ice, is that he is getting to pucks and sustaining offense. He is a dangerous player with the puck. It’s his defending away and him getting to pucks and I think he done both of those a lot more consistently than when he was here before"

Also, I remember a certain " I love the little ****" quote.

He also made some positive quotes about Gabs and Dubi. It is pretty apparent now that they did not love each other. There are around 30 pages of threads on here with people that like Torts saying how he was not a "Torts" guy. Hopefully Torts came around a bit on Zooks before he left.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
He also made some positive quotes about Gabs and Dubi. It is pretty apparent now that they did not love each other. There are around 30 pages of threads on here with people that like Torts saying how he was not a "Torts" guy. Hopefully Torts came around a bit on Zooks before he left.

Dubi and he had a falling out. I don't know over what, but I could see it happening, they both have an abrasive personality.

But some people think that anyone who could score wasn't a Torts guy, which wasn't true. The player Zucc has become; the all-guts, go against anyone, work yourself to death for the team, type was exactly what Torts built the team on. It just so happens Zucc has terrific offensive skills.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Does no one remember Zuccarello being **** for the first ~quarter of the season and Vigneault scratching him? LOTS of revisionist history here wrt Torts/Zucc in comparison to AV/Zucc.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Bumpity bump.

Absolutely crushed Therrien in coaching this series. Brilliant tactics and execution, again.

What a post season he's coached.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad