Playerunknown's battleground

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I haven't played in a couple of months, but hope to get back into it when the new map launches. I think it's supposed to be at least on the test server sometime in December, or at least that's the last I heard.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Played for the first time in months. Friend's game crashed twice in our first game and I was killed around a corner. Good to be back...

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
I just loaded it up for the first time in many months. When I died the death cam showed my exact position(and another player) on the killers screen as he came up and shot me. Is that normal?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I just loaded it up for the first time in many months. When I died the death cam showed my exact position(and another player) on the killers screen as he came up and shot me. Is that normal?
Like just your name, right? Yes, that’s normal. If it shows your player model through a wall or something, no that’s a hacker.

EDIT: and if you’re ever unsure just report them anyway. I’ve reported quite a few people and gotten many banned for hacks or cheats. Not many recently, but it seems to go in waves I guess as people figure out how to use these hacks in different ways so the game doesn’t recognize them.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Like just your name, right? Yes, that’s normal. If it shows your player model through a wall or something, no that’s a hacker.

EDIT: and if you’re ever unsure just report them anyway. I’ve reported quite a few people and gotten many banned for hacks or cheats. Not many recently, but it seems to go in waves I guess as people figure out how to use these hacks in different ways so the game doesn’t recognize them.
I was a able to see my Namebar and another players, through buildings and such while the person stalked me and shot me from a distance. I guess that's a new feature they added to replays in PUBG?

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I was a able to see my Namebar and another players, through buildings and such while the person stalked me and shot me from a distance. I guess that's a new feature they added to replays in PUBG?
Yeah, you can see your name, health, and everyone in the general area in the replays.

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
I go through waves with this game. Sometimes I love it, other times I can't stand it. I miss playing Sanhok, bored of new Erangel already. I bought the survivor pass using some skin money and I'm starting to regret it 30 levels in.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Just got into the top 10 for a round, only for me to get stuck when trying to prone under a building in Sanhok. Couldn't move out and if I ADS'd at all, it would flicker like crazy. Still funny that I killed someone like that though.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
Just got into the top 10 for a round, only for me to get stuck when trying to prone under a building in Sanhok. Couldn't move out and if I ADS'd at all, it would flicker like crazy. Still funny that I killed someone like that though.

First game I played on PS4 I got into the top 10 without firing a shot. Then I found out it was a game triumph/trophy. Who knew? Lol

Whiplash27

Quattro!!
Jan 25, 2007
Westchester, NY
Did it just come out? The survivor pass..
End of July

My biggest issue with PUBG is the hit reg. Maybe I just suck, but I often find that my shots just don't register especially in CQB. You'll see multiple blood spatters and your crosshair right on a guy's chest the entire battle and then the replay will show one or two hits. It's mind boggling and makes CQB completely a crap shoot. Sometimes you'll even nail guys on the head with a sniper rifle and the game will give you a body shot. I can't stand how inconsistent it is. I've played some games with not so great hit reg, but I feel like PUBG is the worst I've ever seen... I wonder if it could even be due to how complex their bullet physics and hit models are. The more stuff the server needs to keep track of and transmit the worse the performance.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad