Playerunknown's battleground

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I think reduced recoil and increased damage
Yeah I got some play time over the weekend and it was deadly. Only found one in like 20% of my matches though. Feels like it's more rare than it used to be, but that could just be due to a small sample size of games. Didn't find the SLR either, but did find a couple adrenaline syringes. I'm looking forward to playing some more soon.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm having an issue with my sights since the recent update. There have been multiple games where I've had someone in my sights at a distance that doesn't need to be adjusted for drop (~100m or so) and I'm shooting wildly above or below them with the crosshairs dead center on them. It's bizarre and it seems when I adjust even a little bit that it goes wildly in the opposite direction...not sure what the issue is, if it's lag, or something else...I just don't know.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm having an issue with my sights since the recent update. There have been multiple games where I've had someone in my sights at a distance that doesn't need to be adjusted for drop (~100m or so) and I'm shooting wildly above or below them with the crosshairs dead center on them. It's bizarre and it seems when I adjust even a little bit that it goes wildly in the opposite direction...not sure what the issue is, if it's lag, or something else...I just don't know.
I'm not an expert by any means, but that sounds like lag/De-Sync. Where you're shooting is not actually where they are anymore so you're missing. I've been hit with some brutal de-sync recently too. Like I'll be riding with a friend in a vehicle and it will start down a road the opposite direction we're supposed to be headed, I'll ask them where the hell they're going, and then all of a sudden we snap forward on the correct route. Really bizarre. Thankfully haven't had that happen in combat yet, but I don't think they've ironed out all of the bugs in the servers still.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Two days ago got my first four chicken dinner day.

At first I disliked the patch. I still think they shouldn't have nerfed the ARs as much as they did but I've gotten used to it.

M4 is still the best IMO as it's so versatile. Add an vertical grip to it and you can spray and shoot to long distance *almost* like before.

Thumb grip seems fine and half grip is bad ass on automatic mode after the first 2-3 bullets have been fired.

And yeah, Vector and UMP rock in this patch. But my god, so does SLR. That thing is a laser.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I just want to get out of the f***ing game preview on xb1 and release the full game damnit. I love playing, but I need at least a new map to play. Or at least the experimental servers to play on.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not an expert by any means, but that sounds like lag/De-Sync. Where you're shooting is not actually where they are anymore so you're missing. I've been hit with some brutal de-sync recently too. Like I'll be riding with a friend in a vehicle and it will start down a road the opposite direction we're supposed to be headed, I'll ask them where the hell they're going, and then all of a sudden we snap forward on the correct route. Really bizarre. Thankfully haven't had that happen in combat yet, but I don't think they've ironed out all of the bugs in the servers still.

Figured out what the issue was, but not sure why it was only noticeable on PUBG and not other games.

I have a drawing tablet connected to my PC and something moved onto it slightly, so it randomly caused the mouse to spasm causing me to shoot wildly. After removing the item I've been able to hit people with much more regularity than before. Makes the game a lot more fun when you're hitting what you're aiming at!

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Extremely ironic considering they copied H1Z1...

H1Z1 was hardly original

besides its not just about copying the mode. Epic had access to alpha code for PUBG during Fortnite's development and may have lifted ideas and mechanics from the inside knowledge, and used PUBG in their early marketing without permission, THATS the problem

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
H1Z1 was hardly original

besides its not just about copying the mode. Epic had access to alpha code for PUBG during Fortnite's development and may have lifted ideas and mechanics from the inside knowledge, and used PUBG in their early marketing without permission, THATS the problem

Oh, I know H1Z1 wasn't original, but it was the one before PUBG so it's why I brought it up.

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
Wasn’t Playerunknown the one who developed H1Z1’s battle Royale mode, though? It makes sense that it’d be similar with the same lead.
This is true. Also, as far as I know, the Arma mod, which was designed by Player Unknown, is the original battle royale game so he is pretty much responsible for the battle royale game mode. That being said, he really shouldn't be trying to sue... I don't know copyright laws but can you really copyright a game mode? I doubt it. Fortnite is very different from PUBG. I don't see why he'd be trying to sue them.

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Savage (new map) is available for testing for the last time this weekend. Goes to the liver servers by the end of June.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
got our first Chicken Dinner on Sahnok duos just now. literally only saw the last duo because they were both wearing bright blue jackets smh

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This new map is far and away my favorite of the three. Constant action, the zone closes earlier but you can out run it most of the time. Fighting everywhere. It’s great.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
H1Z1 was hardly original

That is not in the filing, they are specifically saying they copied the battle royal mode. Pug B also licenses the engine from Epic so this interesting.

According to Forbes you cannot copy write a game type like Battle Royale especially when you didn't even create the format. Imagine every game going after one another for domination or TDM game types.

PUBG's Lawsuit Against 'Fortnite' Is Utterly Silly And Absurd [Updated]

Yes, Fortnite absolutely jumped on the battle royale bandwagon, but PUBG wasn't the first game to try this, either. It built off of mods from Arma III and various other survival games like H1Z1 and DayZ.
The entire concept of a last-man-standing battle royale comes from the Japanese film Battle Royale which is based off a novel of the same name by Koushun Takami, which is the story of a group of junior high kids who are forced to battle to the death by the Japanese government.
Sound familiar? That's because the mega-hit book/movie series Hunger Games uses the exact same concept. Both Battle Royale and Hunger Games pre-date PUBG. All these works of fiction, whether in book, film or video game format, use this same concept. Fortnite is merely joining a long list of battle royale concepts. PUBG Corporation in no way owns the notion of a battle royale game, any more than Koushun Takami isn't the only novelist allowed to write books about battle royale

The real problem for Pub G is how much Fortnite is eating in to their playerbase

In Six Months, 'Fortnite: Battle Royale' Has Cut PUBG's PC Playerbase In Half

Last edited:

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
This new map is far and away my favorite of the three. Constant action, the zone closes earlier but you can out run it most of the time. Fighting everywhere. It’s great.
I'm starting to come to this opinion as well. I definitely agree on the shorter match times and smaller map. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Now if only patches would stop breaking things. There are definitely sound issues right now, at least on the experimental server.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm starting to come to this opinion as well. I definitely agree on the shorter match times and smaller map. That's a huge step in the right direction.

Now if only patches would stop breaking things. There are definitely sound issues right now, at least on the experimental server.
I hate these sound glitches. Sound is so important in this game, yet it always sounds like someone is walking right behind me.

Also, what’s with the motorcycles spawning upright on their front wheel? Bikes have spawned normally for the entire year I’ve played this game yet for some reason now they’re messed up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad