Playerunknown's battleground

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Anyone tried the game? It's currently 2nd in views on Twitch behind LoL, been watching a few hours of it and it seems really fun.

I absolutely love the concept of dropping off in the middle of nowhere and try to be the last man standing like the Hunger games but against 100 people. Plus I heard it was mod-able, so anyone will be able to create new maps and new game modes which seems really cool.

Closed beta ended yesterday but it has been extended. The game should be available in 3 days.

What you guys think?

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I love the idea of battle royale games but I'm not sure if I have the patience to play them for too long. I played a little bit of H1Z1 battle royale when it first came out and a bit of Arma 3 BR but the interest died off quick. I do enjoy watching streamers play it though. I'll definitely give this one a try to see how long it can hold my interest but I suspect I'll stop playing after a couple of weeks.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
This one looks like what previous royale games wanted to be, but without all the jank. Still early but it could turn into the next big thing.

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
PLAYERUNKNOWN is the person behind the popular battle royale/king of the hill games on twitch/steam right now (h1z1 koth and ARMA 3 BR). So I have high hopes for this.

I've wanted to build a new pc for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger. But games like this and battlefield One make me want to order parts tonight.

With that said, I've heard that Battlegrounds doesn't run well. Even though it's still in alpha/early beta, it's still something to be concerned about.

This game could be big if streamers can sell it to their audiences, but I think the BR style gameplay is a hard sell for a lot of people. Even more so if the game is closer to a hardcore style BR game like ARMA compared to an arcade style game like h1z1.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
PLAYERUNKNOWN is the person behind the popular battle royale/king of the hill games on twitch/steam right now (h1z1 koth and ARMA 3 BR). So I have high hopes for this.

I've wanted to build a new pc for a while now and haven't pulled the trigger. But games like this and battlefield One make me want to order parts tonight.

With that said, I've heard that Battlegrounds doesn't run well. Even though it's still in alpha/early beta, it's still something to be concerned about.

This game could be big if streamers can sell it to their audiences, but I think the BR style gameplay is a hard sell for a lot of people. Even more so if the game is closer to a hardcore style BR game like ARMA compared to an arcade style game like h1z1.

Last night summit2g said the game would be out in 3 days (2 days from now)?! Doesn't sound like Alpha/early beta for me? Am I missing something?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Last night summit2g said the game would be out in 3 days (2 days from now)?! Doesn't sound like Alpha/early beta for me? Am I missing something?

Open early access is tomorrow

EDIT: day after sorry

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA

Right now it's closed alpha/beta. It'll be put into open alpha/beta then, available to anyone who purchases it in early access on Steam.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Can we already pre-purchase it to get into the early access or does it only go on sale in 2 days?

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
I don't think you will be able to buy it until it enters early access on steam. The price you pay in early access will be the same price you pay when the game is full 1.0, I was watching a stream and PLAYERUNKOWN was in chat answering questions.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
This game is already selling very well and its going to get a huge boost after all the free advertising its going to get tomorrow when a crapload of major Twitch streams go bonkers and play this game non-stop. I love BR type games so I'm hoping this one will have long term success and it should as long as it gets continued support. Its already looking so much better than H1Z1 with much better, more serious gameplay closer to Arma 3 BR.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
You'll always come up against teamers in solo especially if the far east players infest this game like they have with H1. I think it may be a bit to slow for their taste though.

There is a duo queue so that helps keep people from teaming in solo.

The game looks promising, and the Arma feel is a welcome change from the garbage that is H1Z1. As long as they keep cosmetics from the game I'll probably buy it eventually.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
You'll always come up against teamers in solo especially if the far east players infest this game like they have with H1. I think it may be a bit to slow for their taste though.

There is a duo queue so that helps keep people from teaming in solo.

The game looks promising, and the Arma feel is a welcome change from the garbage that is H1Z1. As long as they keep cosmetics from the game I'll probably buy it eventually.

What are the differences between H1Z1 and Battlegrounds?

Dave

Oct 27, 2009
Does peoples plays in team in that game? or it is me against the world? Thx

There will be solo queues and team queues. Someone who has played ARMA-br can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like they take teaming in solo queues seriously and will ban people accordingly. I'd imagine battlegrounds will be similar to that.

What are the differences between H1Z1 and Battlegrounds?

Found this on reddit, someone listing main features in terms of gameplay and comparing the two. It's heavily biased towards BG's though.

h1z1 seems more arcade styled that relies heavily on cars. BG's seems like it's slower and more tactical.

Also I've seen tons of people complain about how h1z1 is a buggy mess and the company doesn't do much to remedy it, to me that would be a huge red flag. But since BG is early access there is the risk of buying into it and the game ends up being a massive POS.

GQS

Aug 2, 2005
Been watching a number of Twitch streams today and already there's been alot of intense, amazing games being played. That's one of the best things about BR type games where when you or your team is the last one standing and you get that win, its extremely satisfying.

So far gameplay wise it looks really good and the main complaints seem to be mostly to do with lagginess and rubberbanding in some games and low frame rates at times. Developers already know about it and have said that optimization is still a work in progress. There's a few other things that need to be worked on, but if they can get these fixed and polish the game up I think it will be like Rainbow Six Siege where it will last for a good while and it will be one of those games that even after you've played it a ton, you can still go back to it every once in a while because the replayability is so high.

Smoke

~consume enhance replicate~
Aug 2, 2005
PA
Also I've seen tons of people complain about how h1z1 is a buggy mess and the company doesn't do much to remedy it, to me that would be a huge red flag. But since BG is early access there is the risk of buying into it and the game ends up being a massive POS.

The bugs go totally untouched for MONTHS, while they don't hesitate to constantly release new cosmetic gambling crates.

There was a bug where your shotgun would show as loaded, and would fire properly on your side, but would do 0 damage to another player. It fired blanks, basically. This was not fixed for at least 2 months.

It has the worst d-sync I think I've ever encountered. The game has been out for 2 years now and it only seems to get worse.

Seedtype

Aug 16, 2009
Ohio?!?!
In the early access blurb on their store page it is stated that they don't expect the game to be in early access past six months.

I would just wait then, see how it goes.

Unless you really want a BR game that bad.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Love it! Anyone want to play? I have a group of 3-4 friends who play. We're not great, lol.. but it's still fun.

Highest I've got in solo is 7th.. duo 4th.. and squad 11th.

Send me your Steam name if you want to play!

If you like H1Z1, this game is 10 times better already in early access. Basically the same thing with less bugs. Some server issues, but it's new.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
finally bought the game, can't wait to build my new PC this week-end to be able to play it!

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
This game is great, definitely the best BR game so far. I've hit 3rd in solo and 2nd in teams so far. I'll win one soon enough.

The gunplay feels so good too. H1Z1 feels way too arcade-y and A3BR is way too realistic. This is the perfect in between. The inventory management is also so damn good. I love the fact that if you find a new backpack, you just grab it and it makes your inventory bigger, you don't have to stand there to swap everything out.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
This game is great, definitely the best BR game so far. I've hit 3rd in solo and 2nd in teams so far. I'll win one soon enough.

The gunplay feels so good too. H1Z1 feels way too arcade-y and A3BR is way too realistic. This is the perfect in between. The inventory management is also so damn good. I love the fact that if you find a new backpack, you just grab it and it makes your inventory bigger, you don't have to stand there to swap everything out.
I won last night! yay! Squads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->