Players you miss from the dark days

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Pre cheeseburger and gambling Theo Peckham. Had a drink with him at the draft party at Hudson's, seemed like a cool guy who was going to end up a solid #4 bruiser. But he didn't. Later Teddy Peckman.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
Does Radek Dvorak count?

He left after 2006 so maybe not...

He was frustrating as hell because he didn't know what to do with his speed but man oh man was he exciting to watch.

Based on your other posts, I'm sure you mean this as a joke, but Dvorak is still one of my favorite Oilers of all time. He may have been frustrating from an offensive standpoint (love the ol' "wrist shot into the crest"), but he was great defensively and was a one-man breakout. Having forwards like him who would double back and skate the puck out of the defensive zone made it a lot easier to have a defense that consisted of all 3 of Smith, Staois, and Greene.

OilerFan4Life

Feb 27, 2004
Heartland of Hockey
Based on your other posts, I'm sure you mean this as a joke, but Dvorak is still one of my favorite Oilers of all time. He may have been frustrating from an offensive standpoint (love the ol' "wrist shot into the crest"), but he was great defensively and was a one-man breakout. Having forwards like him who would double back and skate the puck out of the defensive zone made it a lot easier to have a defense that consisted of all 3 of Smith, Staois, and Greene.

No joke.

I liked him a lot. Him and Nedved were unstoppable in 2004.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I miss the Sheldon Souray bomb..

Why can't we have a bomb again? I hate these stupid wristers.

Man.. just going through those teams reminding myself of the players. Terribly unlikable teams.

I long for the Dougie Weight days. It still kills me to see Dougie on other teams.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Jason Arnott

One of the best young players we ever had. He had a good career but it could have been far better. A big waste for us for the most part. (Still why Shayne Corson is one of my most hated oilers of all time.)

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Theo Peckham was a badass. That video of his fights and hits just pumped me up bigtime. Miss that guy

He was the only guy that ever had the balls to take an instigator and just the pound the **** out of someone that deserved it. Really wanted Mac to do this while he was here. You make it known that a guy like that is willing to take the instigator and then maybe you get some fear or respect.

Eytinge

Jul 25, 2009
JDD. I always felt like Dubnyk had a way longer leash from the coaches than JDD did. Tom Gilbert from his rookie year. Was great at pinching in from the point and keeping the offense going.

Dangles13

Jul 2, 2015
JDD. I always felt like Dubnyk had a way longer leash from the coaches than JDD did. Tom Gilbert from his rookie year. Was great at pinching in from the point and keeping the offense going.

I like to watch this once a year and remember the worst season ever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad