Players you miss from the dark days

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
If I were to pick up 5 players from 2006-2015 period and insert them into the line-up, I would do:

Smyth-RNH-Eberle
Hall-MacDavid-Yakupov
Pouliot-Horcoff-Lander
Moreau-Letestu-Klinkhamer

Souray-Sekera
Smith-Klefbom
J.Schultz-Fayne

Dec 3, 2005
Vancouver BC
Brianne of Tarth

i

McGreat One

Jan 1, 2010
Laddy Smid for me. The guy gave his heart and soul for the copper and blue and it would have been nice if he was around when this team finally turned it around.

misfit

5-14-6-1
Feb 2, 2004
just north of...everything
The OP specifically asks about post '06 SC run. Ulanov and Mironov didn't play for the Oilers during that time. Otherwise, I would have to imagine Mironov would be on just about everyone's list. Or at least, he should.

Blue And Orange

Oilers & Seahawks
Jan 21, 2010
Toronto
Definitely Cogliano, although I doubt he would turn into the player that he is today if he stayed in Edmonton. The Kevin Lowe-led Oilers is where promising prospects fizzled out.

SerbianEagle

Nov 28, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
there were definitely some good characters here post '06. Watching that Sutton interview, you could see he would fight a tank barehanded for his teams cause. Souray as well. Gator and Staios...Rolie was also a very passionate guy.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
I think my favorite post 06 would have to be either Souray or Gagner in his rookie year
Oh, and MacIntyre ( back in 2010 when Hall and Eberle played their first game as Oilers I believe)
Forgot about Hemsky. He had dangles for days but was really frustrating at times. Still loved him though

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Every once in a while a guy comes along and you want him to succeed so bad, it hurts. The way Peckham hit, it was as entertaining as Hemsky's dangles. Seemed like his career ended so abruptly too...

BackhandToeyJoey

Jan 16, 2013
Smid definitely.

When we spanked Montreal something fierce one year, 8-2 I think? Vish played unreal. Anyways, I remember post-game, Smid said something like "Yeah you know, Lub is good on the pp." He was super oblivious about it, but once he got it, he couldn't help but laugh.

I also miss Rollie and his wicked icings haha. Sometimes booting the puck out with his pads.

Whiston532

Dec 27, 2010
Edmonton
One thing I always loved was the various call ups we'd have when regulars got hurt, it's great in retrospect to look back and see names like Bryan Young, Alain Rouke, Charles Linglet show up. I wasn't crazy into e Oilers until the last few years, so I wasn't familiar with too many players outside of the regulars so i found it entertaining to see someone who to me was almost coming. Out from nowhere to play for stretches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad