Speculation: Players you could see the Coyotes trading their draft picks for

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
I've watched a bunch of Bruins games over the years, Frederic would be a fine complimentary player but he is not a center at this point in his career. He is much better suited on the wing with a strong 2-way center (Coyle this past year, McBain potentially if the Yotes trade for him)

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I was thinking about…

Hatyton
Boyd
Frederic
McBain

Down the middle.
I still have hope that Cooley will sign before camp. The probability may still be low, but I haven't given up faith.

Still want to see the Maccelli- Cooley - Crouse line this season.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
As much as I'd love to get Cooley on board, the better development path is for him to get stronger and spend another year in college.

I think if you have a Bedard level guy then great, otherwise, I'd always send the player back for 2 years of seasoning and let him join the team when he's 20. Never any harm in slow-rolling the development.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
As much as I'd love to get Cooley on board, the better development path is for him to get stronger and spend another year in college.

I think if you have a Bedard level guy then great, otherwise, I'd always send the player back for 2 years of seasoning and let him join the team when he's 20. Never any harm in slow-rolling the development.

I'm fine with it too. Especially because it will give him a better shot to win the Calder haha

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40

So you're implying that you have no confidence in Coach Tourigny's ability to develop Cooley?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
So you're implying that you have no confidence in Coach Tourigny's ability to develop Cooley?
Cooley needs to get stronger. NCAA season structure allows him a better chance to add strength than the NHL schedule. I don't believe that's a comment on Tourigny at all.

Reactions: Jakey53

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Cooley needs to get stronger. NCAA season structure allows him a better chance to add strength than the NHL schedule. I don't believe that's a comment on Tourigny at all.
...and the NHL lets him get use to the NHL. I don't see how playing in college helps him to become a better player. As far as the schedule, he doesn't have to play all 82 games nor does adding strength is exclusive to the NCAA.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
No, not at all...what I'm saying that the grind of an NHL season is more harmful on an underdeveloped body, which I think most kids at 18 & 19 have. I think Cooley could have thrived this season...but I think it's better if he joins at 20 rather than 19

Reactions: Jagged Ice

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
...and the NHL lets him get use to the NHL. I don't see how playing in college helps him to become a better player. As far as the schedule, he doesn't have to play all 82 games nor does adding strength is exclusive to the NCAA.
if we sat this kid out of games this board would go nuts. Barrett Hayton all over again.

Reactions: Kaizen

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
No, not at all...what I'm saying that the grind of an NHL season is more harmful on an underdeveloped body, which I think most kids at 18 & 19 have. I think Cooley could have thrived this season...but I think it's better if he joins at 20 rather than 19
I'm sure Tourigny knows not to rush him.I have concern that too many elcs and prospects will arrive at the same time. I do not think it is better if he returns to UofM, nor do I think it would be worse. I think he progresses either way.

if we sat this kid out of games this board would go nuts. Barrett Hayton all over again.
In Tourigny I trust

Can't say that about that other guy...

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
If Cooley was ready, in heart and in confidence, he would have asked for a contract. The team wouldn't have had to chase after him. He needs the year. I'm not as concerned about muscle strength as I am about strength of will.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad