Speculation: Players you could see the Coyotes trading their draft picks for

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
We have too many draft picks. Craig Morgan has speculated that we will look for deals much like the Durzi one, and it’s evident we’re going to try and ice a more competitive roster for next season.

Some players that could be moved are Yamamoto (EDM), V. Olofsson (BUF), Boeser (VAN), Zadina (DET), etc…

Any players you want in a change of scenery/cap casualty trade that fit the mold of a younger player with potential?

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Victor Olofsson is not someone I want AT ALL personally. Yamamoto I like much more but still a bit of a “meh” from me. Boeser I like much more, but I’m not sure he’s someone I’d want to pay fair market value for. I want to keep our 2nd this year. If we can get him for a ‘23 3rd and a ‘25 2nd then sure. I’ll go for that. But he’s a couple of years older than Durzi and he’s much more expensive and scoring winger is less an area of need than RD was.

Marco Rossi is a much more interesting rumor to me. That’s one that has really captured my imagination. I love the concept of Alexis Lafreniere, too. But I’m not sure the Rangers are ready to do that.

If we can get Rossi and 21 for 12 and 38, I’d probably do that. And then if we can get Lafreniere for 21, I’d probably do that, too.

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
What are the needs?
I would think a middle 6 RW and C.
Boeser would be a decent buy low option and is under control for 2 years which is good imo. You would think Van would have to take back a little salary if they want something in return. Hes a good player that's a little overpaid. Solid target IMO.
Rossi would be another buy low candidate as well. If couch Touringy thinks he can get him playing like a top player, im in. I would imagine it would help keep the bear happy too. Playing with Crouse/Maccelli and Guenther/Boeser, that would really set him up for success.
Ross Colton from TB is another RFA option. Sharangovich would be a great target as well.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Boeser wouldn’t be a bad add. Wonder if Vancouver would retain on him at all.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Yegor Sharangovich Is a name I’ve had circled for awhile.
That’s a really good call-out. He’s buried on the depth chart in Jersey with Bratt, Haula and Meier (likely) being re-signed and that impacted his numbers last year.

Devils will want an NHL player and not picks/prospects given they’re out of their rebuild. They’d ask for Crouse but that’s a massive overpayment. Only other option would be Veggie and not sure that makes sense for the Coyotes either.

Coyotes and Devils are not great trade partners.

Reactions: Nowotny

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
My rough lineup looks like this:

Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Maccelli - McBain - Crouse
LW - Boyd - Guenther*
Jenik* - Smith* - Fisher
O'Brian

Moser - Durzi
Valimaki - Brown
LD - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok, Kesselring

Vejmelka
Ingram

So 1 LW (ideally middle 6, maybe 2), maybe one bottom 6 C, maybe one middle 6 RW, and a bottom 4 LD (preferably a two way kind of guy).

Last edited:

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
My rough lineup looks like this:

Keller - Hayton - Schmaltz
Maccelli - McBain - Crouse
LW - Boyd - Guenther*
Jenik* - Smith* - Fisher
O'Brian

Moser - Durzi
Vejmelka - Brown
LD - Soderstrom
Kolyachonok, Kesselring

Vejmelka
Ingram

So 1 LW (ideally middle 6, maybe 2), maybe one bottom 6 C, maybe one middle 6 RW, and a bottom 4 LD (preferably a two way kind of guy).
I don't think Veggie skates well enough to make the cut at left d. :oops:

jdfitz12

Oct 11, 2008
Carrcone will make the roster which takes care of the forward spot. I think GMBA will target
Niko Mikkola as that 6D.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
If I were a Bruin's fan, I'd be open to that too. They're cap poor, pick poor, prospect poor, and not far from roster poor. They had an amazing season, but I don't see a repeat.

A 3rd is the most I'm giving for that package.

rt

May 13, 2004
If I were a Bruin's fan, I'd be open to that too. They're cap poor, pick poor, prospect poor, and not far from roster poor. They had an amazing season, but I don't see a repeat.

A 3rd is the most I'm giving for that package.
Frederic is worth about as much as McBain. I’d say that’s at least two 2nds. I wouldn’t trade McBain for a late 1st.

Reactions: zerekstar

RedBeard

Aug 16, 2005
Phoenix
Frederic does appear to fit the GMBA profile. Ferguson would be very familiar with him. Boston is in a tough spot cap wise. He is age 25, 6'2", tough, likely a reasonable contract upcoming as a RFA and him being close to Keller's age and from St. Louis is a bonus. If we can get him at a discount, may be a good fit.

R. Colton - McBain - Frederic

I like the look of this.

rt

May 13, 2004
Frederic does appear to fit the GMBA profile. Ferguson would be very familiar with him. Boston is in a tough spot cap wise. He is age 25, 6'2", tough, likely a reasonable contract upcoming as a RFA and him being close to Keller's age and from St. Louis is a bonus. If we can get him at a discount, may be a good fit.

R. Colton - McBain - Frederic

I like the look of this.
Neutral fans are convinced that a 3rd and a 2nd is too much. I believe it must at least be a 2nd. But as I don’t want to give up the his year’s second, I feel like another pick is required to make up the difference. A 3rd strikes me as fair. But the feedback I’m getting suggests a 4th or 5th would be better.

People are always shocked at the price when players like this are traded, though. Look at Jeannot as an example. Similar age, similar profile, similar career/82gp stats. Look at McBain who return a 2nd before he even turned pro. These types are highly coveted. Especially after these playoffs

bwhsocal

May 4, 2023
Neutral fans are convinced that a 3rd and a 2nd is too much. I believe it must at least be a 2nd. But as I don’t want to give up the his year’s second, I feel like another pick is required to make up the difference. A 3rd strikes me as fair. But the feedback I’m getting suggests a 4th or 5th would be better.

People are always shocked at the price when players like this are traded, though. Look at Jeannot as an example. Similar age, similar profile, similar career/82gp stats. Look at McBain who return a 2nd before he even turned pro. These types are highly coveted. Especially after these playoffs
If Fredric's a guy we covet and its a 2nd in 24 or 25 (as a start) and another middle pick why nit pick give oilers 3rd (we have a million of them, thats prolly the lowest one), get him get it done or go 2nd + 5th and 6th dont care we have so many middle/late rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad