Players who had career years in their rookie season

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
No he didn't... he won 1 cup. The second came in his first year as a starter.

Dryden on the other hand won the freaking Smythe after playing in only 6 regular season games... yes the team was stacked but to win MVP on a team like that means a lot.
I prefer to say that he won the Smythe before he won the Calder.

It's even more amazing.

Thanks Bruins.

:innocent:

Reactions: Fenris

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
Slightly off topic, but i wonder if there's any evidence of a player clearly on some sort of PED (whether caught or not), where they have one season completely balloon and trump the rest of their career. Like stuff you'd see in baseball.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Sam Bennett (not a career year but his best year so far)

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Barry Beck and Don "Murder" Murdoch looked like stars in the making based on rookie years.

(May have not been an immediate decline, but they did after at least a couple seasons...)

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
Um, yes? That's pretty much the general consensus
Compelling argument.

You managed to take something quantifiable and tried to replace it with something completely subjective.

goeb

Oct 24, 2013
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Crazy! I had no idea he never reached half as many goals in any season after his rookie year.

Wasn't he an all-star in Washington at least once? Maybe not.

He played with Bondra, how the hell did he not get assists?

Juneau was decent in Washington. He definitely left on good terms after his spectacular performance in the 1997-98 playoffs in which the Capitals made a surprising run to the finals. He was on a line reunited with Oates (I believe) and Brian Bellows.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Compelling argument.

You managed to take something quantifiable and tried to replace it with something completely subjective.

There's plenty of info comparing his seasons out there. I'm not going to bother rehashing it here because people continue to cream themselves over totals without context. It's an old argument that doesn't interest me. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't fit the thread. People can check out why for themselves

Cellee

Dec 20, 2014
There's plenty of info comparing his seasons out there. I'm not going to bother rehashing it here because people continue to cream themselves over totals without context. It's an old argument that doesn't interest me. I'm just pointing out that he doesn't fit the thread. People can check out why for themselves
Nah

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad