Players who give 100% effort 100% of the time

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I think most Finnish players fit in here, actually. Can't think of many lazy Finns.

Not lazy necessarily, but Selanne was cherry-picker (sort of). Jokinen sometimes played bit moody. But yeah, your average Finnish NHL player is usually hard working. It's in our youth system. Kurri, Tikkanen, Numminen, Lehtinen, Koivu (both), Kapanen, Timonen, Salo, etc. etc. were all known for terrific work ethics.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Who knows, really. Eric Staal looks like he is just cruising out there, even when he is in the midst of a great season. The Big M was called lazy, yet he'd out skate just about anyone, and is a HOF'er. It's really about appearances. Efficient, smooth, bigger players tend to look less frenetic( I.e. Staal, Suter, Koivu on my team), "lazy" to some, while little guys with choppy strides are " character" players.

I'll take the lazy, floating, Patrick Kane on my team any day.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Giving 100% effort is just perception. The 3rd-4th liner will always look more ''tenacious'' than top FWD since their skillset is predetermined to be sand & paper, which is perceived as 100% more hardworker.

However, I still think there is a lot of ''real'' floaters, not just that looks like but are working hard.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
Marc-Andre Fleury. This guy tries his balls off, even when he's been terrible he still tries. Sometimes to his detriment.

yunita

Feb 2, 2018
Blake Colemanhttp://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/33/o.png

Dynamite Time

Where Is My Mind?
Jan 23, 2018
Austin, TX
You really comparing Seguin from back then to Seguin now? He's on a completely different level right now
Exactly. I knew there was going to be some changes with Hitchcock but Seguin has been really good. Stars didn’t win tonight but Seguin helped (tied game late in 3rd) again to at least get the team a point.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Miles Wood and Taylor Hall for NJ

I also think Travis Zajac gives it 100% and doesnt get much credit for his boardplay and quick hands

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad