Players who deserve their numbers to be raised up to the rafters

Tuna Tatarrrrrr

Here Is The Legendary Rat Of HFBoards! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jun 13, 2012
Just the Rangers, not any O6 franchise.
No sorry, you clearly said "in the history OF AN O6 franchise" which meaned that you included all the O6 teams.

Edit: Which can also mean that you were talking about just an O6 team but the way you said it was really confusing.

Derg12

Mar 12, 2014
Perreault's #11, and Hasek's #39 are the only numbers I believe should be retired in Buffalo.

Honoring numbers for the French Connection along with Tim Horton should be up in the rafters. I'm not sold on LaFontaine #16 and Gare #18 being up there.

As for current members?? Show me.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What about Perry? He had a brief but still great peak and solid prime. I personally wouldnt put his number up but he has a case i think. Glad Anaheim eventually put Kariya's number up there. Great player he was.
I think at that point its a bit much. But the argument can be made for him. I just think Getzlaf and Gigurre had more impact on the legacy of the team.

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
Kinda weird how this organization kind of ignores their past. Took forever to recognize MacInnis and Nieuwendyk, and they only honoured those jerseys - #2 and #25 have been used after both of those guys moved on. No one's touched #14, 12 or 34 and no one ever will. I have a feeling it'll take forever before any of those guys have a ceremony.
Nobody will touch #14 after Toni Lydman wore it one pre-season. Unfortunately there seems to be bad blood between Theo and the Flames org.

#12 is obvious - shame they didn't retire it last Wednesday (12/12)

#34 is also obvious but is an odd number that won't get much of a look regardless.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
For the Pens 87, 71, 68 are locks.

I can see 58 going up there with a few more elite seasons.
There may be a media push for 29 as well.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
it's especially interesting to know pens fans opinions. The pens have retired 66 only. Do 87 and 71 match their high standarts?
What wings fans think about 13 and 40?

You forgot #21, Michel Briere.

And, to answer your question, yes, the Penguins will definitely retire #87 and 99.9% for #71.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad