Players who deserve their numbers to be raised up to the rafters

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Yes.

Curious as to what prompted the question. Is there someone else from prior decades besides 66 that you are thinking of that should be up there?

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Yes.

Curious as to what prompted the question. Is there someone else from prior decades besides 66 that you are thinking of that should be up there?
I could see them retiring jagr eventually when he retires / goes to the hall they don't seem that mad with each other any more

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I also think the wings will retire datz and zbergs jerseys together after they also both retire from hockey

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
I don't think clubs should be retiring guys unless they were part of really successful teams, so cup winners, or at least multiple time finalists. An exception could be made for a hall of famer maybe who spent like 10-15 years on the roster but even then that's iffy IMO if he never won anything or even got close.

So that said the obvious from the past 10 years are the keys guys from the LA & Chicago wins. Chara & Bergeron. Getzlaf & Perry. Crosby & Malkin.

Reactions: SotasicA

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Barrasso and Francis also.

Francis isn't ours. He's way more associated with the Whalers/Canes franchise.

Barrasso maybe. But he's certainly not on 66's level

EDIT: #10 is already retired by the Canes. Only 8 people have their number retired with 2 different teams. I don't think Francis should be the 9th

Last edited:

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
If Mikko Koivu has his entire career with the Wild, I think they'll retire his number. I don't know how others would feel about him being the first real number retired for the Wild, but I think it happens.

Reactions: Mubiki and TaLoN

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad