Players who are best in the NHL in certain skillsets?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Best backhander goes to Crosby. That's an easy one. Best backhander I've ever seen.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Oh brother.

Look, I know Laine is probably your son, but you can't keep insisting he's the greatest thing to come to the NHL since skates. He's a very good player. But there are a lot that are better than him, and many who have comparable or better shot arsenals.

But... there arent that many players with better shot arsenals

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I'm not sure who is the best at any one thing in the NHL these days, but this thread reminds me of the days when Chad Kilger took part in Leafs team skills competition. I can't remember how many of the competitions he won (it was several). The kid was the best in the NHL at everything. Everything except hockey.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
No one is better than Crosby down low, not even close. He's also the best at receiving passes in his skates

Malkin has to be one of the best at 1 on 1 and in open ice, goes around people like nothing, which is why it puzzles me that the pens use Kessel as the guy who brings the puck in on the PP when Malkin is the best in the NHL at that.

Malkin is great one-on-one but has no speed for 4 men wall on blue line. Kessel on other hand has great speed, good puck-handling, pass and vision and is able to make more situations of plays in my opinion. When Geno will have puck all opponents will know that will not pass before he cross the blue line

MacDonald4MVP

May 7, 2016
Flyers candidates:
Simmonds lightest of the big bad heavy players.
Giroux best PP QB.
MacDonald best at fooling his coaches and gms into thinking he is top pairing dman.
Gudas best goon in hockey, just the other night he punched Giroux for the fun of it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad