Players the Isles Should Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I did not realize this guy was a free agent, and he is the right piece at 26 years old.

Right handed stick
Can play top pairing minutes on defense
Solid on the PP.

His name is Anton Babchuk.

Strome18

Oct 23, 2010
Florida
Does anyone think a 37 year old Steve Sullivan has anything left?

By the way, who is a better player David Legwand or Brooks Laich?

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Does anyone think a 37 year old Steve Sullivan have anything left?

I think Sully could help Bails on line three, and I'd say Legwand, good skater.

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY
Does anyone think a 37 year old Steve Sullivan has anything left?

I love the idea of a healthy Steve Sullivan, but we'd be looking at "Doug Weight Part 2" if he were to sign. That is, missing more games than he plays.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I did not realize this guy was a free agent, and he is the right piece at 26 years old.

Right handed stick
Can play top pairing minutes on defense
Solid on the PP.

His name is Anton Babchuk.

He fits the profile of what Snow kind of looks for. He made $1.4M last year and if the Isles threw him a 3-$7.5M, maybe he'd take it. You're right, RH, big, big shot from the point. Still developing in my opinion so there is some upside.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
He fits the profile of what Snow kind of looks for. He made $1.4M last year and if the Isles threw him a 3-$7.5M, maybe he'd take it. You're right, RH, big, big shot from the point. Still developing in my opinion so there is some upside.

He's interesting, for sure, but 3 years?

The guys we're getting now are simply placeholders.

The goal is ultimately to have no less than MacDonald, Hamonic and de Haan filling 3 of the top 5 spots, with room for Wishart and Donovan and possibly Mayfield after that.

A number one may have to come from outside.

Koobs11

aka Back door Johnny
Feb 4, 2007
Adirondacks
I didn't know that babchuk was a free agent, I saw alot of him when he played in the AHL for Albany, I liked what he brought to the table there and when he was with Carolina, after he got traded to the Flames I didn't really watch much of them this year, I would defiantly like to extend him a 3 to 5 year deal as well as Erhoff and see which one bites first. Both would contribute greatly to our power play and are solid NHL defensemen that would help us be Playoff contenders.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
He's interesting, for sure, but 3 years?

The guys we're getting now are simply placeholders.

The goal is ultimately to have no less than MacDonald, Hamonic and de Haan filling 3 of the top 5 spots, with room for Wishart and Donovan and possibly Mayfield after that.

A number one may have to come from outside.

Ideally, I'd like a shorter term, probably 2 years or even a 1 year deal. I don't know why he'd sign with us without something like a 3 year term. I agree that he probably would be a stop gap, but you never know.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Patrick O'Sullivan? JT stated he was one of his favorite players in an interview once. He could play well with Bails and Blake or even Moulson and Tavares?

Last edited:

LAPPY13

Apr 12, 2002
Long Island
I would be fine with the Islanders signing Bryan McCabe for a year or two. I also think its going to happen as well. If there is no trade to be had by August 10 look for McCabe and Islanders to come together on a deal.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Bump

I'm bumping an old thread of mine, but lets get some ideas out there.

Snow expressed interest in bringing in another goaltender to backup Halak (barring he gets signed), as well as a forward, and veteran defenseman.

I think a guy that the Isles could poach from the Rangers is Anton Stralman. He's played well on the Rangers second pairing with Staal and could price himself off the team with his play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad