Players that you don't know why they fight

beedee

Jan 13, 2014
Nevermind. Good points, I jumped the gun and hadnt researched Staubitz beyond what I had seen in the bout against Clifford.

Last edited:

Lannyman44

Aug 19, 2014
Manitoba
Lots of players have their hands cemented into their gloves and rely on others to fight for them . Good for these guys who fight and don't have a good win/loss record .

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Lots of players have their hands cemented into their gloves and rely on others to fight for them . Good for these guys who fight and don't have a good win/loss record .

Yep. It's also a lot easier to go into a fight knowing you're probably going to win. It takes a lot more guts to fight when you know you're probably going to lose.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010

100% agree

mc3488

Jul 2, 2013
Houston, Tx
The one that always blew my mind was Tom Kostopolous.

B.J Crombeen
Krys Batch
Greg Campbell
Ryan Jones
Steve Downie

Barch was a middleweight but often fought out of his weight class. Near the end of his NHL career he really had some good fights and victories.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
2 come to mind.

Mike Weber - I literally have never seen him win a fight.
Brian Boyle - Few years ago I saw him hold his own against a semi mad McQuaid(basically just held off McQuaid) then last year Bieksa and Chara beat the snot out of him. Few days ago Cory Mcleod beat him and it looked like he didn't even throw one punch.

Gregory Campbell is another guy who IDK why he fights. I know its for the good of the team but he stinks.

That was going to be mine. Craig Adams would have been another, but he's about to be forced into retirement, looks like.

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
The one that always blew my mind was Tom Kostopolous.

B.J Crombeen
Krys Batch
Greg Campbell
Ryan Jones
Steve Downie

In Downie's defense, he's practically always fighting someone that's half a foot taller than him. He's listed at 5'11, but he's more like 5'8. If that.

He did do okay against Shane Doan this year.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Worst Ive seen amongst the wannabe heavy weights is Kevin Kaminski. that guy was an awful fighter. Just awful. Dale Purinton wasnt very good either.

Of more modern ****** fighters.. Craig Adams takes the price.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Cam Janssen was another guy who would fight for 3 minutes, and never land a punch.

Square Off
Lock up
Turn head as far away as possible
Punch the shoulder pad
Waive refs away after 1 minute
Repeat

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Cam Janssen was another guy who would fight for 3 minutes, and never land a punch.

Square Off
Lock up
Turn head as far away as possible
Punch the shoulder pad
Waive refs away after 1 minute
Repeat
:laugh:

Pretty accurate. He wasn't the most exciting fighter, that's for sure.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
In the old days it has to be Keith Magnuson . . . he needed to take boxing lessons just to survive.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Brayden Schenn is a pretty hilarious fighter

63qrx.gif

Luke Schenn is getting better

tumblr_nii86w1EAD1qhrx75o1_400.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad